Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT_HOME Variable

hi,

i'm very new to smartgwt, eclipse, java and ant. I have imported the builtinds-sample from package smartgwt2.3 and then i've set the projects classpath-variable GWT_HOME to /home/me/Java/Gwt/gwt-2.0.4/

the error-message when i build is:

Code:
    my_workspace/builtinds/build.xml:28: Warning: Could not find file my_workspace/builtinds/${env.GWT_HOME}/gwt-servlet.jar to copy.
    Do i have to set os-Variable to GWT_HOME?? or an ant-Variable??

I've installed:
    Google Eclipse Plugins
    Jboss Tools
    and the old instantiations WindowBuilderPro ( nonGoogle )

thank you

Yes you need to set the OS environment variable.

Add this to your /home/me/.bashrc

export GWT_HOME=/home/me/Java/Gwt/gwt-2.0.4

you might also need to restart Eclipse

Comment

ok, i think it was the os-variable.

but now i become an other error:

my_home/workspaces/eclipse_workspace_smartgwt/builtinds/build.xml:30: my_home/workspaces/lib not found.

can you help me again, please?
      Last edited by onkelSuSE; 30 Sep 2010, 05:22.

Comment

i have set the eclipse java classpath SGWTEE_HOME-Variable to:

my_home/Java/GWT-JBoss/smartgwtee-2.3/

but that don't build! :-(

Comment

if you are trying the BuildinDS example, i guess your error comes from this line of the ANT build.xml file:

<fileset dir="${basedir}/../../lib" includes="**/*.jar">

this line tells the target 'libs' to copy all jar files from the ${basedir}/../../lib directory. As at the top of this build.xml file(the second line), it sets the 'basedir=.' as below:

<project name="BuiltInDS" default="build" basedir=".">

so when you build it tries to copy jar files from ../../lib, you file structure is:

my_home/workspaces/eclipse_workspace_smartgwt/builtinds/

go 2 directories back, where is /my_home/workspaces, if you don't have a 'lib' folder here with all required jar files, you get this error

all you need to do is make a lib folder(copy the lib from the SmartGwt sample war folder), put it somewhere, and change the line in build.xml file, make it pointing to the right place, it should work then.

Comment

ok! i will try this!

but, is this the original way? or did i something wrong?

Comment

For Mac OSX you will need to set the environment variable using launchctl if you want to use it in Eclipse ant build task as ${env.GWT_HOME}

The simplest way to do this is add this to your .bashrc file: launchctl setenv GWT_HOME <path to GWT home>

Comment

Working...
              X