Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid disply bug

Hi, I've a little problem with the listgrid. The rows are not aligned properly when scrolling down the list (until the end, it's ok but when reaching the end, see screenshot).

I put you the whole java file that is used to create the page.

The strange thing is that I don't know when this bug appeared but I'm quiet sure I didn't had it when I began to work with the grids (multiline was already there and the bug not).
    Attached Files

After searching a lot, I found this:

If I remove those two lines :
    listGrid.setShowRecordComponents(true);
    listGrid.setShowRecordComponentsByCell(true);

The bug doesn't appear anymore ...... but the protected Canvas createRecordComponent(final ListGridRecord record, Integer colNum) is not called anymore ....

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem occurring also , when I freeze some of the columns and then scroll down.

I also use the settRecordsComponent method

Comment

Hi All
        The test case in the initial post here is not standalone (We can't run it on our end - it refers to various classes we don't have, etc).
        If you can put together a minimal, standalone test case that reproduces the issue we can take a look

Thanks

Comment

Here is a testcase you can run out of the box.
          As the XML file used for the data is too large for the forum, I put it on google documents:
          https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxi...ut=list&num=50
          Attached Files

Comment

Is there still any issue for this?

Comment

Use of recordComponents with frozen columns is currently not supported.

Comment

Is there any plan to support it in the very close future?

Comment

We initially selected SmartGWT for the ListGrid component.
                  We payed the license and the support.

We are working now with it since 4 months and we spent a lot of time to arrive to the current situation.

You asked us to prepare a self-running test case for any bug we found. It takes us a lot of time and money. We already removed the filter on top of the ListGrid because it is buggy.

Now you explained us that the frozen column is currently not supported with created Record component.
                  This "feature" is documented anywhere and appears clearly as a bug. I hope that you will do a maximum to correct it as soon as possible.

Comment

Actually, although we agree it's not obvious enough, this limitation is documented - canFreezeFields is listed as incompatible with variable height records, and recordComponents implies variable height records.

The problem is that with frozen fields heights need to be synced between two adjacent tables. When there are potentially record components of various heights in either the frozen or unfrozen area or both, this gets very complex.

Are your requirements actually simpler than this - eg, can you set a fixed height for all rows, regardless of whether they contain record components?

You mention "removing the filter because it's buggy" - if you think there's a bug with the filterEditor, post about that separately.

Comment

Actually, evry rows should have the same height (both in frozen table and unfrozen table). You say that if we manually set a fixed height to our rows, then, the bug won't appear anymore?

I looked at the doc and indeed, when searching deep in it, it's true that Frozen columns are incompatible with variable height content. A warning message on the method summary should have been appreciated. But, as far as I searched, I didn't found anywhere that createRecordComponent is incompatible with frozen columns ...
                      Last edited by romain.vdk; 25 Oct 2010, 22:59.

Comment

Any news for this issue ?

I can say that, despite of the following functions, the bug is still there ...
                        listGrid.setCellHeight(50);
                        listGrid.setNormalCellHeight(50);
                        listGrid.setFixedRecordHeights(true);
                        listGrid.setVirtualScrolling(false);

Is there anything else to do to force the cell heights to a static value and then, make the bug disapeer ?
                        Last edited by romain.vdk; 28 Oct 2010, 02:08.

Comment

We're still looking into this. We've committed two related fixes, and we are looking at adding a property where you can tell the grid that all rows will be the same height since this limited mode would be easier to support with frozen columns.

Comment

We've added a new property to the ListGrid "recordComponentHeight".

This property causes each row within the listgrid to render at a fixed height (tall enough to accomodate a recordComponent of the specified height), and is supported in conjunction with fixed fields.

This property should show up in the next nightly build. To make use of it, simply call 'setRecordComponentHeight(...)' and pass in the height of your recordComponents.

Comment

Thanks, I will look at this right now.
                              Probably it's still a little bit too early
                              Last edited by romain.vdk; 28 Oct 2010, 23:27.

Comment

Working...
                              X