Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Encryption

Hello all,

we are using smart GWT 2.2 with FF 3.6 as our front end. i need to do password encrytion in this.Before smart GWT we were using GWT Ext and the encryption was done using gwt-crypto.jar.Which jar is needed to do encrytion in smart GWT.

Thanks in advance.

There is nothing special in regard to this with Smart GWT and you should still be able to use gwt-crypto.jar in the same way.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I'm using gwt-crypto.jar. I'm able to successfully encrypt a String but when i try to decrypt it, it throws this Exception:

Code:
       com.googlecode.gwt.crypto.bouncycastle.InvalidCipherTextException: pad block corrupted
      	at com.googlecode.gwt.crypto.bouncycastle.paddings.PKCS7Padding.padCount(PKCS7Padding.java:68)
      	at com.googlecode.gwt.crypto.bouncycastle.paddings.PaddedBufferedBlockCipher.doFinal(PaddedBufferedBlockCipher.java:295)
      	at com.googlecode.gwt.crypto.client.TripleDesCipher.decrypt(TripleDesCipher.java:55)
      	at com.nextenders.client.util.other.EncryptionUtil.decrypt(EncryptionUtil.java:50)
      	at com.nextenders.client.ui.triad.view.EditUserPanel.setFormData(EditUserPanel.java:132)
      	at com.nextenders.client.ui.triad.view.panels.MasterPanel.doOnGridRowClick(MasterPanel.java:185)
      	at com.nextenders.client.ui.triad.smartgrid.SettingsGrid.doOnRowClick(SettingsGrid.java:127)
      	at com.nextenders.client.ui.triad.smartgrid.UserGrid.doOnRowClick(UserGrid.java:128)
      	at com.nextenders.client.ui.triad.smartgrid.SmartSuperGrid$2.onRecordClick(SmartSuperGrid.java:132)
      	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid.events.RecordClickEvent.dispatch(RecordClickEvent.java:96)
      	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid.events.RecordClickEvent.dispatch(RecordClickEvent.java:1)
      	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:65)
      	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:53)
      	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:178)
      	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.fireEvent(BaseWidget.java:67)
      	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
      	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
      	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannel.java:1713)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:165)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:507)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
      	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
      	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:188)
      	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor508.invoke(Unknown Source)
      	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
      	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessages(BrowserChannel.java:1668)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:401)
      	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
      	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      So it will be good if someone can help me to solve this.

Comment

There's no indication its related to Smart GWT.

Comment

Hello,
          SmarGWT.dev, you were right. My thinking was wrong. It had nothing to do with GWT-Ext or SmartGWT. So my efforts were also in wrong directions. The actual prob was something else. But Thank u very very much for ur answer as it helped me out to come out from a wrong direction.

Comment

Working...
          X