Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FormItem sizing in a Horizontal Form

Hi,

I m having problem to get a correct layout for a DynamicForm when horizontally placing the form items.

For example, i have a DynamicForm, inside a VLayout, then add 10 TextItems to the form, and set the form TitleOrientation.TOP, setNumCols(10). Now the 10 TextItem should be horizontally placed.

There are two problems:

1. The title columns and the field columns have different width, so the TextItems are not evenly layed out.

2. The TextItem has a fixed width by default(absolute size, not relative), and it doesn't resize according to the form width (or if i m wrong?). If there are too many TextItems, some of them will exceed the right edge of the screen in a horizontal layout. Even the TextItems are all inside the screen, they don't resize if the browser size gets changed.

I remember in GwtExt, all the form items are evenly placed by default, and they can maintain the relative size to the form/browser, so when resolution changes, or browser size changes, they don't cause layout problems. Does SmartGwt do the same thing?
Working...
X