Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Mini Date Range Item bug

Hi,
    I've maybe discovered a bug when using this component.
    I noticed that when I'm selecting a date with the listgrid choices (Yesterday,Today,Tomorow,...) the date is set in the component but it is not set well in the criteria.
    I explain : In the attached IntelliJ maven project, you will see that I call a simple RestDatasource linked to a static XML file. The goal of the sample is to swho that I select a date from "today" to "tomorow" no call is made at all to the xml, but when I manually click on the calendar, the call is then properly made.

As i cannot upload zip file, I put the archive on Google Documents :
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxi...ut=list&num=50

Hi,
    The link isn't working for us.

There was a change in this area fairly recently -- can you verify that this is happening with the latest nightly build?

If so, please let us know and we'll take a look. Feel free to mail the test case to support@isomorphic.com (including a link to this thread in your email) if that's easier than getting it up on google docs

Thanks
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

The last nightly build (08/11/2010) doesn't fix the problem.
      I send my project to the mail you provided me, with the link to this post.

Comment

The last nightly build (15/11/2010) doesn't fix the problem.

Did you received my test case sent a week ago ?

Comment

Hi romain.vdk,

If you think there's a bug, rather than an entire IntelliJ project (which could have lots of problems unrelated to this API), put together a minimal, standalone testcase demonstrating the issue. This is generally just one file, with all the code in onModuleLoad().

Comment

That code is included in the project, you cannot miss it is located in the entrypoint at be.uniway.rvk.test.smartGWT.client.SmartGWT .....

Comment

Is there any evolution for this bug since last Wednesday ?

Comment

Can you please find a solution for this issue because we need to provide a working version to our client end of this week?

This issue is well identified and easy to reproduce.
                So, I hope that you will do a maximum to help us.

Benoît

Comment

Hi Benoit, sorry, this was not looked at because we asked for a standalone test case and you pointed again to a project. It may seem silly, but support will not look at a complete project - we need confirmation that you have tried your code by adding it to one of the sample projects in the SDK.

Only that way can we be sure there's an issue. There are many false reports, and if we look into false reports all the time, real bugs aren't addressed.

Comment

Ok, I created a standalone test project that was only containing the test case but if you only want the classes, here they are ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Typo (From vs Form), also, don't specify the criteria as a String, leave it as a Date.

c.addCriteria("dateFrom",dateSelector.getFromDate().toString());
                      c.addCriteria("dateForm",dateSelector.getToDate().toString());

Comment

The "tommorow" bug is fixed, but a new bug has been introduced.
                        Now, when the MiniDateRangeItem is not set, anything is done at all.
                        My test case is in attachement (use the same datasource and XML as the previous test case)

How can wet test that ? Very simply : load the page then click on the send button, normally, a SC.say box should be displayed but nothing is displayed ...
                        When setting values to the MiniDateRangeItem, the SC.say is displayed properly.
                        There is no form.validate() and the MiniDateRangeItem is expressively set to setRequired(false).
                        Attached Files

Comment

Please try the latest build.

Comment

The bug is not resolved with the 24-11-2010 build.
                            Last edited by romain.vdk; 25 Nov 2010, 03:14.

Comment

Apparently the bug is not linked to the MiniDateRangeItem but the criteria created.
                              When I do this :
                              if ( departureDateItem.getToDate() != null ) {
                              c.addCriteria("departureToDate",departureDateItem.getToDate());
                              }
                              everything goes ok. When I do not set the if clause, if the date is null the code crashes. So I suggest to check exactly what's done when setting a null value to the Criteria ...
                              Last edited by romain.vdk; 26 Nov 2010, 00:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X