Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Is the current downloadable SmartGWT2.3 is the latest one?

I downloaded the evaluation one of SmartGWTPower in the end of September. At that time there are some released zips at the site.
    However, now there are only one zip in both EnterpriseEval and PowerEditionEval at
    http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWTReleases/2.3

And both of them are the releases at the beginning of August. (I can see the file date of some html files.)
    Is this the latest one? As far as I know the latest release is dated at end of Sep. or beginning of Oct.
    Last edited by minamizono; 6 Dec 2010, 03:45.

You can get the latest nightly builds from http://www.smartclient.com/builds

These nightly builds contain the latest fixes and enhancements etc but are not a formal release

You can download a latest nightly from here if you are having specific issues, or if you prefer to wait SmartGWT 2.4 is shortly due to be released

Have you purchased the Power version now or are you still evaluating?

Comment

I'm going to buy the Power version, have got invoice from your company, and now the purchasing process is still continuing in our company, however it's taking much more time than expected.
      My issue is that my access permission to builds directory was already expired, but I want the latest evaluation. What can I do now?

Comment

Hey Iso,
        Can you tell me where can i find release notes of these nightly builds?

Comment

One more question:

Does your download server support resuming?
          I use a downloader to download SmartGWT evaluation version,
          but I cannot download with using resuming or segmenting due to restriction of your server with resuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
            These nightly builds contain the latest fixes and enhancements etc but are not a formal release

You can download a latest nightly from here if you are having specific issues, or if you prefer to wait SmartGWT 2.4 is shortly due to be released
            Hi Isomorphic,
            could you please explain why SmartGWT 2.3 LGPL version has never been released? Or at least it is still not available from the google code project nor the download section.

This is very strange since some months ago the Smart GWT EE 2.3 release announcement said
            The LGPL version will be available within a few days.
            Davide

Comment

If you're downloading a licensed build, you need to be authenticated when you resume the download. Not all downloader application handle this properly (they need to be, eg, sending the authentication cookie like a normal web browser does).

We had planned a 2.3 LGPL release but ended up going directly to 2.4. Remember, nightly builds allow you to get the equivalent build to any commercial release. Just to head off critiques, this is similar to how eg the SpringSource process works (only licensed builds are certified).

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                We had planned a 2.3 LGPL release but ended up going directly to 2.4.
                That's enough, now I understand.
                Many thanks.

Davide

Comment

Working...
                X