Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Oracle Database Configuration: Insufficient Privileges

I've downloaded the SmartGWTEE 2.3 for evaluation and am running the samples. In there is a database configuration tool (which I'm running in Firefox 3.6). This appears to be a simple problem of bad credentials but I've checked, double checked and more. I've copied and pasted the credentials in SQL Explorer and the DB config. It works in SQL Explorer but not DB config. Below is my console output, with the url scrubbed. Any thoughts? Is "testDB" significant? That's not the schema it's attempting to access, is it? If so, I don't see where that is set.

=== 2010-12-10 16:20:12,175 [l0-4] DEBUG BuiltinRPC - Testing DB connection for database: Oracle
    === 2010-12-10 16:20:12,179 [l0-4] DEBUG PoolableSQLConnectionFactory - Initializing SQL config for 'Oracle' from system config - using DriverManager: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    === 2010-12-10 16:20:12,180 [l0-4] DEBUG PoolableSQLConnectionFactory - oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver lookup successful
    === 2010-12-10 16:20:12,180 [l0-4] DEBUG PoolableSQLConnectionFactory - DriverManager fetching connection for Oracle via jdbc url jdbc:oracle:thin:@<server>:<port>:<sid>
    === 2010-12-10 16:20:12,180 [l0-4] DEBUG PoolableSQLConnectionFactory - Passing credentials getConnection separately from JDBC URL
    === 2010-12-10 16:20:12,231 [l0-4] DEBUG PoolableSQLConnectionFactory - Returning pooled Connection
    === 2010-12-10 16:20:12,288 [l0-4] INFO BuiltinRPC - testDB (Oracle) error: com.isomorphic.tools.SQLTestException: Insufficient Priveleges

What exact action are you doing when you see this?

In the Admin Console, to determine whether the credentials are valid, we run "select 1 from dual".

Elsewhere, such as when entering the SQL Browser, we will check if the user can create and remove tables.

So your credentials and connection may be valid for querying ordinary tables but not these special actions. Try just creating a .ds.xml file for one of the tables you know you can access, and see if a select goes through (call DataSource.fetchData() in client code, for example).

If it doesn't, post the complete server log for the request (don't trim anything but the credentials).

Comment

I just configured the connection and clicked on the "Test" button. I can successfully execute select 1 from dual in my other client but it may not have access to create and remove tables. I'll try the .ds.xml file.

Comment

Working...
      X