Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

smartgwt.jar file size - now too big for GAE

In the nightly build, the smartgwt.jar file has exceeded 10mb. I'm using Google App Engine, so I can't use this jar file anymore because of the 10mb file size limit.

The Google App Engine limits are a pain. Is there any chance you can whittle down the size of smartgwt.jar? I'm primarily posting this to make you aware that smartgwt.jar no longer runs on GAE as is.

For the moment, I've switched to using an old jar. I have not yet tried the GAE deploy option --enable_jar_splitting, but that's also an option.

Go ahead and use enable_jar_splitting.

It works fine for me.

Comment

I've been using the deploy button in Eclipse; I don't think I can use enable_jar_splitting this way (if so, how?).

I presume you've got an ant script you run to deploy?

Comment

so, after wasting a fair bit of time with ant I realized I can just use the following command line, provided my project is built and happy in eclipse.

appcfg --enable_jar_splitting update war

where appcfg is the appengine tool, and war is the folder inside my eclipse project.

it's a crying shame the google eclipse appengine plugin does not allow you specify the command line parameter --enable_jar_splitting

Comment

In the next build the Simplicity and Mobile themes will be moved from smartgwt.jar to smartgwt-skins.jar to the size of smartgwt.jar will go back under 10MB.

Comment

The smartgwt.jar is only needed at compile time,
            you do not need to add it in the war directory.

Comment

Good point Simon. *hangs head*

Comment

Working...
              X