Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Analytics Module Eval

Hi

We are in a process of evaluating SmartGWT EE for an OLAP based project. We are specifically interested in the CubeGrid component and it's functionality. Unfortunately it seems that the Analytics Module is not part of the SmartGWTEE evaluation. I get the following message when running showcase locally "This example is disabled in this SDK because it requires the optional Analytics module"

Am I missing something here, is there a place where I can download the Analytics Module to try it out? I had a look at other threads and faq but no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Mac

When did you download? There was a problem with the evaluation package that would cause this, but it was corrected two nights ago. If you download the latest, all the Optional Modules are activated.

Comment

It is still not working. I downloaded the latest (which is what I originally had) file smartgwtee-2.4.zip, 7 January 2011, 129.4 MB on disk (129,357,460 bytes)

I load the showcaseEE into Eclipse, all examples work except the CubGrid where I still get the following message:

This example is disabled in this SDK because it requires the optional Analytics module.

Any ideas. Thanks again.

Cheers,
      Mac

Comment

The nightly builds will have a fix for this soon, but in the meantime, here is a workaround:
        • Add the following <inherits> statements to samples/showcase/src/com/smartgwt/sample/showcase/Showcase.gwt.xml:

Code:
          <inherits name="com.smartgwt.AnalyticsNoScript"/>
          <inherits name="com.smartgwt.DrawingNoScript"/>
        • Add smartgwtee-2.4/lib/analytics.jar and smartgwtee-2.4/lib/drawing.jar to the java build path of your ShowcaseEE project.

(Another workaround is to compile the Showcase with Ant instead of Eclipse; a copy of Ant is distributed with the eval package. Obviously this is a less preferable workaround, but it is included for completeness.)

Comment

Thanks, that worked.

Comment

I spoke too soon :-)

I applied your suggestions to the ShowcaseEE CubeGrid example, and all works well. I do however have the original problem when trying it in my own example using CubeGrid. I am using a standard Eclipse GWT project with your modifications.

Is there something else I should be changing when not using the ShowcaseEE code.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

In your host html file make sure you have script includes for the ISC_Analytics.js and ISC_Drawing.js.

Comment

I downloaded an evaluation version of SmartGWT 2.5 yesterday (I was running 2.4 LGPL until now). I have made all the changes as mentioned in the forums:

1) Included the following 2 lines before the nocache.js script reference in the host html file.
                <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="<modulename>/sc/modules/ISC_Analytics.js"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="<modulename>/sc/modules/ISC_Drawing.js"></script>

2) Here are the inherits tags from my module.gwt.xml file:
                <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User"/>
                <inherits name="com.smartgwt.AnalyticsNoScript"/>
                <inherits name="com.smartgwt.DrawingNoScript"/>
                <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>
                <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>

I still keep getting the "This example is disabled in this SDK because it requires the optional Analytics module...." message. I am creating a plain simple CubeGrid and addMember the cubeGrid to a HLayout.

We are in the process of evaluating the tool for development, your quick help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Forgot to mention that both my ISC_Analytics.js and ISC_Drawing.js are loaded correctly (I can see them in Firebug).

Comment

Working...
                  X