Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

v2.4 Simplicity Theme

I've just updated my application from using SmartGwt v2.2 to v2.4
    The app runs well, but I'm trying to use the new Simplicity theme, but its not displaying. I'm still getting the default Enterprise theme.
    (I have already added smartgwt-skins to my build path)
    Here's a snippet from by module.xml file:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <module rename-to='mycoolapp_gwt'>
      <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwt"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.SimplicityResources"/>

<entry-point class='com.med.gwt.client.Mycoolapp_gwt'/>

</module>
    Last edited by iwegbue; 13 Jan 2011, 19:12.

com.smartgwt.SmartGwt includes the Enterprise theme by default. You haven't posted your host html file but if you are not explicitly including anything in there, then inherit the com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme and com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.Simplicity modules.

Sanjiv

Comment

Thanks Sanjiv.

I've added com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme:

Code:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <module rename-to='ibiomed_gwt'>
        <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwt"/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme"/>

<entry-point class='com.ibiomed.gwt.client.Ibiomed_gwt'/>
      </module>
      But I'm still getting the default theme. My host html page only contains the GWT default Css and nocache files

Comment

Remove com.smartgwt.SmartGwt

Comment

Thanks.

I guess when you say No theme, you really mean no theme!. I was thinking it would at least look like the Simplicity demo. Is there a way to make it look like that?

I'm guessing the css files would be in the Showcase example or something. Please can you direct me how to get those files so my app can at least look like the "Simplicity" example - which I think looks the best out of all the themes!

Thanks.

Comment

Actually, I just checked my console, and I'm getting a lot of 404 errors that look like this:

Code:
            [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Code/GAE/ibiomed/app/ibiomed_gwt/sc/skins/standard/images/Tab/top/tab_start.gif'
            INFO     2011-01-14 05:35:39,297 dev_appserver.py:3317] "GET /ibiomed_gwt/sc/skins/standard/images/Tab/top/tab_start.gif HTTP/1.1" 404 -
            Might that have something to do with it?

Comment

I've figured out the problem, but still can't get Simplicity theme to work as it should. The GET requests for image files are being made for example to:

Code:
              /appModule/sc/skins/standard/images/Splitbar/vsplit_start.gif
              but the Simplicity theme folder is called Simplicity, so the request should be to

Code:
              /appModule/sc/skins/Simplicity/images/Splitbar/vsplit_start.gif
              So the get it to work, I've had to go to /war/appModule/skins, and rename "Simplicity" folder in to "standard"

This only works partially, because a lot of files can still not be found. For example this file: Splitbar/vsplit_start.gif is not actually located in the images/Splitbar folder.

Any help guys. Thanks

Comment

This is quite straightforward. We told you to inherit the com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme and com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.SimplicityResources modules. You should remove the com.smartgwt.SmartGwt module in this case since com.smartgwt.SmartGwt is the equivalent of com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme + com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources.

If you're still having issues post your complete module file and host html file.

Comment

I was the same problem. I found part solutions only here, and other places.
                  I don't understand why do not write the developers the correct answer here or in the documentation.

After all I found the solution.

Clear the line from yourmodul.gwt.xml file.
                  Code:

<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>
                  If You use LPGL or pro version clear SmartGwt or SmartGwtPro line .

Then place this lines
                  Code:
                  	<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoTheme"/>
                  	<inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.Simplicity"/>
                  If You use LPGL or pro version write SmartGwtNoTheme or SmartGwtProNoTheme .

Comment

Code:
                    	<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoTheme"/>
                    should be all that's needed. You don't need to inherit com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.SimplicityResources in this case.

Comment

Thanks. It works now. My mistake was that I was replacing with

Code:
                      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtNoTheme"/>
                      instead of

Code:
                      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtNoTheme"/>
                      Please keep up the great work people.

You code is soo good, I hope Google makes you guys an offer! :-))

Comment

Working...
                      X