Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Javascript errors on purchasing SmartGWT Pro

Hi. I was using the smartgwtee 2.4 evaluation and all was well.

Recently purchased smartgwt pro 2.4.

Using GWT 2.1.1.

Since then, I've been getting seemingly random javascript errors.

If it's compiled, the webapp simply stops responding. In dev mode (firefox, 64 bit ubuntu) I get errors like the following (showing up in the eclipse console view, not the dev mode view):

On loading some listgrids:

Uncaught JavaScript exception [_2 is null] in http://host/modulename/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js, line 1976

On clicking on a databound selectitem:

Uncaught JavaScript exception [this.selection is undefined] in http://host/modulename/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js, line 1920

On using any HTMLFlow:

Uncaught JavaScript exception [this.$73w is not a function] in http://host/modulename/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js, line 2243

I'm pretty sure this is because of a version mismatch between ee and pro versions, but I can't find any trace of ee that's been left behind.

I replaced smartgwtee.jar with smartgwtpro.jar, I replaced the smartgwt, smartgwt-skins, all the isomorphic_x jars and isc-jakarta-oro with the versions included with the pro version. (the rest of the dependencies are done through maven, which worked fine with ee).

I removed all references I could find to the ee version; the import in the gwt.xml has changed, i even replaced iscTaglib.xml.

I've cleaned & built, and cleaned & gwt compiled. I've refreshed browser cache, I've even installed a browser I'd never used before, and I'm still getting these errors.

Help please.

And now I've tried to go back to smartgwtee so I can get some work done, and it doesn't seem to be reverting; I still don't get the popup telling me to register, so it must still be using something from the pro version.

What am I not changing correctly?

(yes, I have cleared all the browser caches.)

Comment

I've also noticed that some of the problems are being caused by id conflicts, e.g.:

WARN:Log:ClassFactory.addGlobalID: ID:'isc_ListGrid_0' for object '[PickListMenu ID:isc_ListGrid_0]' collides with ID of existing object '[PickListMenu ID:isc_ListGrid_0]'. The pre-existing widget will be destroyed.

The javascript console mentions:

"This conflict would be avoided by disabling ISC Simple Names mode. See documentation for further information."

But I can't find any information on how to actually do this.

Comment

For the HTMLFlow issue, you need this patch.

The other two JavaScript errors don't make sense as a consequence of an upgrade. First thing is to check that you've followed the full install procedure. Then, use Firebug or a similar tool to verify that the files actually delivered to the browser are up to date (there are date stamps near the top of ISC_Core.js).

Finally, if you've eliminated staleness as a cause, capture the stack trace of each of these errors and post it here.

On the last, ID collision error - that warning and the Simple Names mode warning do not normally appear together. Can you show the whole log involved in getting to that error by the shortest path possible?

Comment

Working...
        X