X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Programatically expand nodes in on-demand TreeGrid

Be sure your post includes:

Hi,
    I'm using SmartGWT LGPL 2.4 and don't know how to achieve the following:

I have a databound TreeGrid where I programatically want to expand down to and select some leaf node in the tree that may not have been retrieved from the server yet due to on-demand loading (large tree).
    I do have all the IDs/parentIDs for the tree nodes from leaf up to root so in theory I have all info to fetch all the TreeNode involved.

I have tried something like the below pseudocode but does not seem to work. I suppose one should also wait for the expand code to asynchronously returning the child dataset before trying to expand the next level.

Code:
    for (id = rootid; !isLeaf(id); id = childOf(id)) {

ListGridRecord gridRecord = treeGrid.getTree().findById(id);

if (gridRecord != null) {
           treeGrid.expandRecord(gridRecord);
       }
    }
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Haiko; 7 Apr 2011, 04:42.

Hi Haiko,

You should do as follows:

TreeNode node = treeGrid.getTree().findById(treeNodeId);

// open node if it is closed
    navTree.getTree().openFolders(treeGrid.getTree().getParents(node));

Comment

Hello ,

I read the java doc for treegrid databing but i can't put this mecanism in my Application :the reason is I have a large tree with 15000 employee and I wan to read the parent node in the first loading of the tree and after when i open the parent node i will watch the leaf node of that node and not for the all tree.

I attach my code source to help .

Comment

Hi Isomorhic ,

I have a combo witch contains a picklist that contains records with the same code commune but i want to use the selected record in the combo to keep the field lieudit and fill aother combo with the value of lieudit Field :

thx,Mouna
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Isomorphic ,

I have a combo witch contains a picklist that contains records with the same code commune but i want to use the selected record in the combo to keep the field lieudit and fill aother combo with the value of lieudit Field :

thx,Mouna

Comment

I have the same usecase, do you or somebody else have already a solution to this problem?

Comment

Hi Martin00001 ,

I solved the pbm by adding a pk field in the first combo :I attached my code to help .

Thx,
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Isomorphic ,

I want to use pgination for 9000 records in comboboxItem :Could you please oriente me to choose the best solution to this pbm???

Comment

It is working in pages of 75 records by default, see this sample.

Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Working...
                  X