Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

how to create data for the table created?

Hi Iam using the latest version of the smart client GWT with the Visual Builder. I tried creating a datasource from the visual builder.Then I went to the Admin console to create an empty table.How can I add data to that table(XML) that has got created? Because I tried creating a sample XML with the data and tried placing it in the test_data folder inside folder"ds". I can even see the datasource I created in the datasources tab. I can even drag it and drop it on a list grid and it shows the table structure properly. But the data is not at all getting populated.Any help would be much appreciated.

See the docs for the Admin Console. This tool allows you to import sample data into SQL tables (including generating the SQL table itself from the .ds.xml file).

Comment

thanx a lot for the reply but could you please tell me where I should be placing the XML with the data so that the admin console imports it into the table? I mean into which folder I should keep the data XML file?

Comment

smartclient looks for the datasource files in the 'ds' folder in the web root.
        If you have ds.xml files in the folder they are automatically fetched by visual builder. You can then drag and drop datasource onto list grid to show data.

Look for samples inside the downloaded zip for better understanding .

Hope this helps.

Comment

You can use the testDataFile property to set where the test data should be loaded from when importing via the Admin Console. By default, if the DataSource ID is "foo", we'll look for test_data/foo.data.xml.

Comment

Working...
          X