Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

addContentLoadedHandler is not fired when the contentType is page in HTMLPane

Hi,
    we are generating the reports in the form html, pdf and xls format in our application. To display the reports we are using HTMLPane and using HTMLPane.setContentsURL(); to fetch the report from the server. Since we are have different type of reports thats why we are using the contentType = page (because fragment is not working in case of pdf). The reports are returned from server but is taking some time to back, for this time user has to wait. Before I make a call to setContentsURL(); we are clearing the htmlpane by using htmlpane.clear(). So till the reports are come up user has to wait on the blank screen.
    What I want till the report is not comeup want to display a loading .gif by using htmlPane.setContents(). I am able to display the loading .gif file, but addContentLoadedHandler is not working to hide/disapper the loding image on report load complete. (addContentLoadedHandler is not working in page mode as per documentation). Please let me kow do we have anyway to display a loading message/image on htmlpage till the report is comeup and hide once the report is retirved using setContentsURL().

There's no easy way to find out that loading has completed. The best approach is probably to have the HTMLPane open a simple .html page that contains a loading message and includes the .pdf viewer as an embedded <object>.

Comment

Working...
    X