Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT Designer problems with SmartGWT EE.

Hi,

I have had success installing and running SmartGWT EE demo program via MyEclipse & Google GWT Plugings; also, I've succeeded in using GWT Designer to create a SmartGWT demo as well.

However, I can't seem to use GWT Designer with SmartGWT EE -- it only seems to work with the SmartGWT LPGL version supplied by Google.

Here are the detils of my system and the resulting error message:

IDE: MyEclipse 9.0 with Google Plugin for Eclipse (2.3.1) and GWT Designer (0.9.0). (These are all the latest software as of today).
    SmartGWT EE 2.4
    Broswer: Chrome (11.0.696.68) and Mozillar Firefox (4.0.1)

Then, this is what I did:

1) I ran the builinds sample successfully from the "dev" mode of MyEclipse --GWT Toolkit
    2) I created a simple "Click Me" button GWT Application using "SmartGWT" and the GWT Designer. This too worked. However, I was using the prebuilt SmartGWT LPGL jar files that Google provides.

3) Then, I tried to remove the prebuit SmartGWT LPGL jar files that Google supplied and replaced them with the all the jar files that are indicated in the classpath from the builinds project

4) I then followed, as much as I'm aware, all the instrucitons documented here:
    http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...wtEESetup.html
    (I did this 3 times with 3 new projects just to make sure it wasn't me.)

5) When I look at MyEclipse, my java files have no errors. But, I see a red "x" in the war/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js file. In this file, it seems to dislike this line:

this.closeClick=function(_5){this.editContext.removeComponent(_5.editNode);var _6=this;isc.Timer.setTimeout(function(){_6.manageAddIcon()},200)}}else{for(var i=0;i<this.tabs.length;i++){var _5=this.tabs[i];this.restoreOriginalValues(_5);var _7=this.getTab(_5);this.setCanCloseTab(_5,_7.editNode.initData.canClose)}}

It claims that there are multiple markers on this line.

I then tried to run it anyways but I got the following errors in the brower in Chrome:

onModuleLoad() threw an exception
    Exception while loading module com.integratedanalysisinc.DragCreateSample3.client.DragCreateSample3. See Development Mode for details.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:396)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:193)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:510)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Cannot read property 'initWidget' of undefined
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:237)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:132)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Button.create(Button.java)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.getOrCreateJsObj(BaseWidget.java:356)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.layout.Layout.addMember(Layout.java:1073)
    at com.integratedanalysisinc.DragCreateSample3.client.DragCreateSample3.onModuleLoad(DragCreateSample3.java:35)
    ... 9 more

In the GWT Console, it gives me this error:

00:00:26.156 [DEBUG] Validating newly compiled units
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.3.0.r36v201104261928/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/EventBus.java'
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 24: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 28: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 28: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 48: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 68: Cannot cast from GwtEvent<capture#1-of ?> to Event<?>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 69: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.UmbrellaException; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 76: Cannot cast from GwtEvent<capture#3-of ?> to Event<?>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.3.0.r36v201104261928/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/LegacyHandlerWrapper.java'
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 19: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.3.0.r36v201104261928/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/ResettableEventBus.java'
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 27: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.ResettableEventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 49: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 49: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 53: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 59: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 68: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.3.0.r36v201104261928/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/SimpleEventBus.java'
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 27: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 32: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 32: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 36: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 42: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 51: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.3.0.r36v201104261928/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/UmbrellaException.java'
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 24: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.UmbrellaException; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/MyEclipse/Common/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.3.0.r36v201104261928/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/testing/CountingEventBus.java'
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 29: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.testing.CountingEventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 41: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 41: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 45: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 51: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 60: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
    00:00:26.156 [ERROR] Line 80: The method getCount(Event.Type<?>) in the type CountingEventBus is not applicable for the arguments (GwtEvent.Type<capture#5-of ?>)

I don't know if this helps, but in Mozilla Firefox, it seemed to work, but I couldn't use GWT to compile the program to test the other browsers....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Gautam

Any issues specific to Chrome Development Mode are spurious and due to a core GWT bug that affects Development Mode only, see the FAQ about this.

As far as GWT Designer, we do not currently recommend using GWT Designer with SmartGWT because:

1. SmartGWT's data binding architecture eliminates much of the manual layout you would otherwise do with GWT Designer (see the QuickStart Guide, Data Binding chapter)

2. GWT Designer is currently in a transitional state as Google absorbs the technology (it was purchased from a company called Instantiations). Google has indicated that they will be changing GWT Designer so that Isomorphic can correct its bugs, currently, we cannot.

Comment

Thank you for such a prompt response.

Comment

Working...
      X