Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGwtEEDebug.gwt.xml

Hi,
    I see there is no SmartGWT EE debug module to include the readable SmartClient js scripts, just like with SmartGWTDebug.gwt.xml

Is it wrong to use the smartgwtee-2.5\lib\smartgwt\com\smartclient\debug\public\sc\client js files in a SmaGWT EE application?

Those won't work, they are the LGPL sources and are missing commercial pieces such as charts and the code for contacting the SC server.

In all but some very rare cases, the most effective debugging process is to focus on stack traces logged on error and the tools in the Developer Console for troubleshooting anything that you think might be going in the SmartClient sources.

Comment

That's what I thought a bit, but

Just today I had an irritating problem:
      the dev console gave me no problems,
      the fetch transaction was SUCCESS,
      some components did receive their data, others didn't,
      but my callback was never hit.

So I had to strip a lot of code to find the cause:
      turns out that in dev mode (not in compiled mode), the initial code (when the grid is defined) grid.sort(fieldname, direction) causes this problem now.
      SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-05-14

I think stepping trough the JS code might facilitate finding the cause for that.

Comment

No need really - just show us a test case that reproduces the error. You're saying it's a call to grid.sort() before draw? If true, it should be a one-line change to demonstrate this by modifying a sample.

Comment

Working...
        X