Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Alignment issues in ListGrid in combination with dynamic grouping (SmartGWT 2.2, IE7)

If we display the list grid without any group by, the alignments are perfect.

But if we display the grid, and include the dynamic grouping.. then in IE7, the record alignment is completely out of sync with headers. Where as in other browsers like Firefox and Chrome it is perfect again.

Please see the screenshot for IE7.

Can you please help me out.
    Attached Files

First, please upgrade to Smart GWT 2.4, or the latest nightly and see if you still see the display issue. The grouping displays correctly in the showcase sample.

Comment

I see similar issue with 2.4. I copied over same code from showcase demo.
      Only difference is I used
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme"/>
      instead of com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript

No external css. Can you please suggest where I should be looking for to correct this issue?

Thanks,
      Mo

Comment

Look hard for external CSS (via Firebug). Again the Showcase is fine, so you've got something extra in your project.

Comment

Thanks Isomorphic for the response.

So I used to create a new Project with eclipse plugin. By default it generates starting point html without including SmartClient js files. I added following .js from showcase sample and that fixed the alignment issue.

Code:

</style>
              <link rel="stylesheet" href="myShowcase.css">
              <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/CssStylesSample.css">
          </head>
          <body>
          <iframe id="__gwt_historyFrame" style="width:0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>

<!--include the SC Core API-->
          <script src=positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js></script>

<!--include SmartClient -->
          <script src='positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_Foundation.js'></script>
          <script src='positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_Containers.js'></script>
          <script src='positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js'></script>
          <script src='positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js'></script>
          <script src='positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_RichTextEditor.js'></script>
          <script src='positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_Calendar.js'></script>
          <script src='positionSnapshot/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js'></script>

Comment

I have also been having a lot of trouble with the ListGrid Dynamic Grouping Mode.

I have tried adding the suggested lines to my home html page and have had no luck. I have also removed any standard get css. I have verified this in development mode to ensure I am including the css I believe I am.

The alignment issue is an issue in some IE9 browsers. I have found a work around, which is to turn off compatibility mode for intranet sites. We needed to do this for a demo that we did yesterday.

I really don't like this work around since the smartgwt showcase doesn't seem to require it. I have now tried smartgwt 2.4/2.5/3.0/3.1 LGPL and don't have any luck with any of them.

Is there a Hello World or Vanilla example that demonstrates the best practices for css, this is really causing trouble with our development and adopting smartgwt.

Comment

Solved from the SmartGWT FAQs:
              remove <!doctype html> and put the browser in Quirks Mode

Damn you IE!

Comment

Working...
              X