X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

updateCaches and page size

Hi Everybody,

SmartGwt 2.2
    Gwt 2.0.4

We are using updateCaches to stream events from our server and it works great, even on a filtered view (i.e. the record is only shown if it matches the cirteria). But if we are dealing with large amounts of inserts over time, I don't want this ListGrids contents growing forever (say we have a trouble ticket listing or something similar and the user just wants it to sit there in the background).

I think ... and it maybe the way I've implemented this ... that if I call updateCaches with a record and DSOperationType.ADD ... it adds the record to the current contents of the ListGrid but doesn't discard the old ones (i.e. records outside of the page size). Is this correct, maybe I'm wrong or I have failed to set something ?

If it is ... is there a trick to getting the ListGrid to dump the objects outside of the page size. Should I use the dataArrivedHandler to delete the last record when a new one is inserted ?

Thanks for the help in advance,
    Mike
    Last edited by mike_mac; 16 Jun 2011, 03:29.

You could periodically grab the ListGrid's current dataset, trim it down and apply the trimmed dataset via setData().

Comment

Working...
    X