Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Date to european format - URGENT please!

Hello,

I am using smartgwt 2.5 downloaded from the nightlies around the beginning of June.

I had previously posted that the dateDisplayFormat didn't seem to be working in this post http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=13421 which you fixed.

Everything has been working fine until I downloaded the recent version in response to something else. Since then all my dates have reverted to the MM/DD/YYYY format.

The code is still the same and hasn't changed...

Code:
    final DateRangeItem rangeItem = new DateRangeItem("transactionDate");
    rangeItem.setValue(dateRange);
    rangeItem.setWidth(180);
    rangeItem.setShowTitle(false);
    rangeItem.setAllowRelativeDates(true);
    rangeItem.setDateDisplayFormat(DateDisplayFormat.TOEUROPEANSHORTDATE);
    rangeItem.setDateFormatter(DateDisplayFormat.TOEUROPEANSHORTDATE);
    Can you please help?
    Regards
    Jeni

Since you say urgent, I'd suggest trying some other nightly builds. There were some recent ones that really screwed up my date code as well and I was unable to use them. It seems ok again with the latest. You should really include the date of your nightly to ensure they fix issues.

Would be kind of good if users could rate the nightlies. Some days you get lucky, other times the nightly has a new nasty bug in it.

Comment

Thank you very much for your response atomatom, unfortunately the most recent nightlies doesn't fix the problem.

I am really gutted as we have a huge presentation tomorrow, it was all looking fantastic (thanks to smartgwt!) and this is a real set back.

Thanks anyway,
      Jeni

Comment

This really was just fixed. Get the most recent nightly, and once you've installed it, make sure you run a GWT compile and clear your browser cache so you're really using the new code.

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry, I have used 21/6 build, cleared the cache, clean build and it is still showing 06/21/2011 for the DateRangeItem.

All other dates are formatted correctly.

Jeni

Comment

Is there anything else I could try?

Jeni

Comment

Hi Jeni
              We see the issue and we'll get it resolved by the next nightly build (Jun 24 or higher). If you need a workaround immediately, the best way to address this would be to set the date display formatter centrally via DateUtil.setShortDateDisplayFormat(DateDisplayFormat.TOEUROPEANSHORTDATE);

This will effect everywhere dates are formatted for display in a "short" format - basically ListGrid cells, FormItems etc.

Regards
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

That's great, thank you very much.

Jeni

Comment

Hello, downloaded 24th June and all looks good.

Thanks again,

Jeni

Comment

Working...
                  X