Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWt vs Ext-Gwt

We have evaluated smartgwt and were quite happy with the features it provided. Now our management team have asked us to look into Ext-GWT too. Any pointers on the pros and cons of it when compared to SmartGwt. Also i checked some graphs in Ext-GWT at http://www.sencha.com/examples/pages/charts/advanced.html

I have looked into graphs in smartgwt nightly builds. They look good but they are not perfect. I cannot configure them to show a value of the bar or the percentage in the pie.

As graphs would be key to us . We would like to know the timeline when we could expect these to come out.

Thanks.

This is really a no-brainer because the feature gap is truly monstrous in SmartGWT's favor. But to give a quick hilite reel:

1) our grids have whole categories of features not present in Ext-GWT - compare the folders of samples for ListGrid to their samples to see the gulf

2) there's no CubeGrid in Ext-GWT and you wanted to use this component

3) they keep rewriting ExtGWT, breaking backcompat and of course starting over on stability. They did it from 1.2 to 2.x and are now doing it again from 2.x to 3.0.

4) there's no significant server functionality at all

5) the databinding architecture is far behind SmartGWT's - regardless of whether you're talking about the 2.x or 3.x ExtGWT architecture

6) they have Flash-based charts which won't work on iPhones/iPads

It would be easy to come up with another 20+ major points just comparing the sample sets of the two products.

It sounds like you want not graphs in general (which are already there) but a couple of small features - if you want these by a specific date you can use our Feature Sponsorship process to do this, also a unique offering of Isomorphic vs Sencha (ExtGWT).

Comment

Working...
    X