No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Populate ListGrid from postgres DB

Hi,

I'd like to know what would be the best way to:

1. populate a ListGrid with data selected from a postgresql DB ( a query involving more tables, not a simple table view )

2. populate a editable listgrid from a single table and save the edits in the table as they are made

3. accomplish 1 & 2 at the same time

Note: i'd like to do as much as possible in Java code, but if you think the overhead is too great, any solution would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Start with the QuickStart Guide, focus on the Server Framework chapter, SQL Templating and related examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
      Start with the QuickStart Guide, focus on the Server Framework chapter, SQL Templating and related examples.
      I started by editing the "custom-ds" example and followed the sample from : http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...e_valuemap_sql

I get this error when I try to fetch the data in the list:

Transport error - HTTP code: 404 for URL: http://127.0.0.1:8888/customds/sc/IDACall

This is the code:
      Code:
      DataSource dataSource = DataSource.get("listing_users");

m_ListView.setDataSource(dataSource);  

ListGridField userIdField = new ListGridField("user_id", "Id");
      ListGridField userNameField = new ListGridField("user_name", "Name");

m_ListView.setFields(userIdField, userNameField);
      m_ListView.fetchData();
      -----------ST----------

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 10:18:25.778:TMR4[E]:WARN:ListGrid:isc_ListGrid_1:autoFetchData is set, but no dataSource is specified, can't fetch
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:281)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:531)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

---------------NOTE------------------
      I also get this:

Failed to get log data - error: Transport error - HTTP code: 404 for URL: http://127.0.0.1:8888/customds/sc/ID...=1&isc_noLog=1

when I access Server Logs from the Developer Console.
      Last edited by Vali; 23 Jun 2011, 00:58.

Comment

Use the installation steps linked from the QuickStart Guide, and don't skip any steps.

Comment

Working...
        X