Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to hide a TreeNode according to some attribute?

Hi, I have the same question someone posted on the Issue Tracker but never was posted here

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a filter on a Tree, by hiding the treeNodes that are not matching the criteria. I tried all kind of attributes including "visibility","hidden" and so fourth.

But still with no success. Can anyone assist me in way to hide the treeNodes?

Thanks
    Any hint would be appreciated. I'm using SmartGWT 2.4 on Firefox 4.0.1
    Last edited by cirovladimir; 24 Jun 2011, 08:35.

If your data is in a DataSource you can use normal filtering during fetch to show matching records. No need to process the tree itself.

Comment

Originally posted by davidj6
      If your data is in a DataSource you can use normal filtering during fetch to show matching records. No need to process the tree itself.
      I wanted to take advantage of partial selection mechanism on the Tree. I want to hide nodes/branches that are not selected or partially selected.

Comment

I have similar requirements. I have a structure I am loading from the server and then I use the TreeNode to store this metadata information. Depending on certain criteria, I need to show or not the data. After some modification, I want to traverse this tree, reconstruct the information (including hidden TreeNodes) and send back to the server.
        The lack of hiding TreeNodes is making me have an intermediate structure.
        Is there some way to hide a TreeNode on a Tree?

Comment

Working...
        X