Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SectionStackSection header icon when not collapsible

Hi,

Is it possible to set an image on SectionStackSection header if they are not collapsible - with an application wide solution (instead of setting the title with 'icon+text' manually on each SectionStackSection).

When a header is collapsible, the arrow is showing, but when notCollapsible, the framework is removed. I'd like to show another icon (e.g. bullet) in that case and keep the notCollapsible behavior (e.g. no mouse click pointer when hovering over).

This could be done by taking the CSS style for the collapsed state, adding the dot as a background image and adding left padding so the text doesn't cover it.

Comment

Sorry, not sure if I explained it right: it doesn't matter if the section is expanded or not: in both cases the icon should be there - if canCollapse is set to false. If true, the normal framework arrow can be shown to do it's thing.

Comment

Then you could add it to both the collapsed and expanded CSS styles.

Comment

But by adding it there, isn't the collapse arrow showing then?

Comment

Yes.

Its unclear what you want. I think you'd better mock up exactly how this is supposed to look.

Comment

I've provided a screenshot.

The "Green Cube" section is marked not collapsible. So SmartGWT doesn't show an icon in front of it by default (vs showcase sample http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...pand_collapse).

I don't find a CSS way to put an icon in the case where setCanCollapse is false.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by levi; 9 Jul 2011, 11:25.

Comment

So you basically want three states: collapsable & open, collapsable & closed, not collapsible. The only framework-wide way to do this at the moment would be to create a custom SmartClient-level class that had this behavior (see SectionStack.js) so we'd recommend just continuing with specifying custom properties on non-collapsible sections to get the look you want.

Comment

Working...
                X