Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Record components for newly added rows

Hi,

I have a listgrid with some buttons as record components. When editing new rows (for example calling grid.startEditingNew()) it seems that record components are not created for newly added rows. This probably makes sense as newly added rows become 'records' only after they've been saved to the data source ?

Anyway this is problematic as my record components are buttons bound with functionality which is needed for all rows. Is there a way to get the record components created for these kind of rows or a way to emulate cell widgets without using record components ?

I'm using latest 2011-07-07 2.5 nightly.

br,
    Marko

Do an immediate save on those new records so they are considered real records. This does not need to correspond to actual save to your database or other persistent store, you just need to go through a DataSource save and indicate success to SmartGWT.

Comment

Can you show some examples with your suggestion

In my way, I want to add several records, and then set some attributes to them, at last save all of them. But I can't get them before save them, and can't change these attributes too.

Comment

Taking a look at the Handling Unsaved Records overview in the "docs" package in JavaDoc for more details.

Comment

Thanks!

I will take a look at it, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X