Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT EE showcase not working correctly

Hi Isomorphic,

I think that the showcase http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...d_smartgwt_mvc is not working correctly.

I can't move persons between managers and the salary is not updated in the 2nd view when I change it in the 1st one (and vice versa). Also some images are missing (this is true for the whole showcase).

I'm on FF 5.0.1 unter Win2008. Could you please confirm the error?

Thanks,
    Blama

The missing media is a known problem which is already corrected in nightly builds and will be corrected in the Showcase shortly.

Not reproducing any problems with moving data or salary changes not propagating, please check again and if you think there's an issue provide very detailed steps to reproduce.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

it's working now, but I could swear it wasn't working before. Some of the missing media errors are gone, too.
      Also, i think the text when loading the samples changed to SmartGWT 2.5. just now.

Only thing between the elements that is not 100% in sync:
      Select Charles with the top button.
      Expand Charles in the tree.
      Expand Tammy in the tree.
      Select Rhonda, a report of Tammy, in the tree and move here directly below Charles in the tree (=promotion of one level for her).

Result:
      In the tree she's the 1st child of Charles now.
      In the menu hidden under the button she is the last child of Charles.
      In the list between button and tree she is the 3rd child of Charles (move away from Charles and back with the button in order to see this).

Close MVC and re-open: 3rd position under Charles for her in all three views.

Comment

This sample isn't meant to demonstrate persistence of a within-level order for trees.

Comment

OK, was able to reproduce the other error as well:

1) Open Showcase MVC.
          2) Select Charles with the button.
          3) Expand Charles with the "+" in the tree.
          4) Ralph/13700 shown twice.
          5) Change in the tree to 1000.
          6) Ralph/1000 shown twice (OK).
          7) Close MVC with the little "x".
          8) Re-Open (not F5 refresh) with click on MVC.
          9) Repeat 2)-3).
          10) Ralph/1000 shown twice (OK).
          11) Change in the tree to 2000.
          -> Only changed in the tree.
          -> Other salary changes are also not reflected now.

Comment

Thanks for the clear set of steps to reproduce. We've now resolved this issue (the fix will show up in the final 2.5 release, and in future nightly builds)

Comment

Working...
            X