Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Bug: FilterEditor does not pick correct date formatting for some locales (e.g. 'ta')

FF 5.01 (HM), SGWT LGPL nightly 07/28/11, GWT 2.3
    The ListGrid's FilterEditor does not pick up the correct formatting for all locales (in this case 'ta') when formatting dates whereas the actual ListGrid does. For 'en' or 'de' the ListGrid's FilterEditor works correctly.

You can add date formatters to the settings in locale files wherever they are incorrect - see this thread.

Comment

Hm, strange because the grid formats correctly. Anyway, I tried to provide the corresponding information but, 'ta' is not listed as a language. Didn't find an option to create it. Maybe it is just possible for the project owner?

Comment

Would be good to have an "en_IN" locale as well.

Comment

I've created an entry for the "ta" and "en_IN" locales on the 99translations page. Once the translations for these locales are updated in the 99translations project I'll add them to the library.

Thanks,
          Sanjiv

Comment

Thanks,

updated the DateTimeValues for those. en_IN could otherwise use all English defaults. For ta there should be some native translation (I am not able to do it).
            Not sure whether just changing these three DateTime values is enough, though.
            Final outcome should be 31/07/11 10:37 AM (en_IN) and 31-07-11 10:37 am (ta). At least, that is how the (probably GWT formatted) DateTime values are rendered in the ListGrid if (en_IN) and (ta) locales, respectively, are set in FF: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/quick-locale-switcher/

I noted a possible inconsistency:
            The default value for date_shortDatetimeFormat reads toUSShortDatetime whereas only toUSShortDateTime (uppercase T) seems valid according to http://www.smartclient.com/docs/8.0/a/b/c/go.html#type..DateDisplayFormat.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X