Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT 2.5 and ListGrid.getSelection

Hi everybody,

yesterday i'have noticed the new version of smartgwt 2.5 *thumbs up* thanks for that
    i'm using a lot of list grids in my application. than i use ListGrid.getSelection() to get all selected records, simple stuff...

this method is depricated now, with a hint to use the getSelectedRecords() instead

since the new method has the same parameters and the same return value, its easy to just replace the old one, but the problem occurs at runtime:

com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): self.getSelectedRecords is not a function
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:237)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:132)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor38.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:167)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:281)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:531)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

how is that possible?

andre

Sounds like stale resources - run a GWT compile and clear your browser cache. If you still have the problem, try showing a test case so we can take a look.

Comment

hi Isomorphic

thanks a lot for the reply
      i just build every thing once more, completely deactivated the browser cache

but still, there are exceptions saying: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): self.getSelectedRecords is not a function

i use the eclise indigo, gwt 2.3.0, firefox 5.0.1

any suggestions?

Comment

Where did you obtain the 2.5 release from?

Comment

i use maven with thi repository

<repository>
          <id>smartclient</id>
          <name>smartclient.com</name>
          <url>http://www.smartclient.com/maven2</url>
          </repository>

<gwt.version>2.3.0</gwt.version>
          <smartgwt.version>2.5</smartgwt.version>

<dependency>
          <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
          <artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>
          <version>${gwt.version}</version>
          <scope>provided</scope>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
          <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
          <artifactId>gwt-servlet</artifactId>
          <version>${gwt.version}</version>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
          <groupId>com.smartgwt</groupId>
          <artifactId>smartgwt</artifactId>
          <version>${smartgwt.version}</version>
          <scope>provided</scope>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
          <groupId>com.smartgwt</groupId>
          <artifactId>smartgwt-skins</artifactId>
          <version>${smartgwt.version}</version>
          <scope>provided</scope>
          </dependency>

Comment

thats weired...
            the version provided at the maven repository
            http://www.smartclient.com/maven2/com/smartgwt/smartgwt/2.5/smartgwt-2.5.jar
            is however different to this one
            http://smartgwt.googlecode.com/files/smartgwt-2.5.zip

Comment

We're looking into it and will fix the one on maven. For now please use the one on google code, that is the official one.

Let us know if you have the issue even with the one from google code.

Comment

the version from the googlecode seems to work somehow...
                except that i have now a lot of 404 errors for some skin files like
                sc/skins/standard/images/...
                actuall the whole skin is not working

you guys are joking to have different not working versions on the maven repository and the official googlecode release...
                i spent a lot of hours finding that out... not funny at all...

Comment

i'm using this nightly build now http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/2.x/LGPL/2011-08-08

the skin and the getSelectedRecords seem to work now

but still the official release from googlecode and the maven repository for version 2.5 are both pretty much broken...

Comment

I am also getting this "self.getSelectedRecords is not a function" with SelectItem. I was using the Evaluation version (2.4), but also the latest nightly build (http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/2.x/EnterpriseEval/2011-08-10) does not work properly.

Comment

I got the same exception when I use "getSelectedRecords()", then I tried deprecated method "getSelection()",it works well. my smartgwt version is 2.5.
                      doesn't anybody know how to solve it?

Comment

This is not reproducible with the nightly builds or 2.4. Make sure you run a GWT compile and clear your browser cache before testing.

If you think there's still a way to validly get this error, please show a minimal, ready-to-run test case demonstrating an error.

Comment

Working...
                        X