Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Issue with filter's field editor

Hello,

I noticed that if a datasource field's "canEdit" attribute is set to false, then the field's editor is not shown on the corresponding filter (see attached png).

You can reproduce the problem using the code of the following showcase example:
    http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...filter_builder
    and just set the "canEdit" attribute of a field to false, i.e. for the countryNameField:

Code:
    DataSourceTextField countryNameField = new DataSourceTextField("countryName", "Country");  
    countryNameField.setRequired(true);  
    countryNameField.setCanEdit(false);
    I have tested it with the following GWT, SmartGWT and browser versions on Ubuntu 11.04:

GWT 2.2.0 and GWT 2.3.0.
    SmartGWT nightly 2.x LGPL (2011-08-10) and SmartGWT 2.5 stable (2011-08-03).
    Firefox 5, Chrome 13, and Internet Explorer 9.

Thanks
    Attached Files

This has been fixed so that you can set canFilter="true" to allow filtering even when editing is disallowed. You can grab this in the next nightly of 2.x (which contains post 2.5 fixes only, no features).

Comment

Hello,

I have set canFilter to "true" and retest this issue using nightly 2.x 20110811, 20110829 and 20110830 versions but it seems that the problem has not been resolved. The field's editor is still not showing on the corresponding filter.

Code:
      DataSourceTextField countryNameField = new DataSourceTextField("countryName", "Country");  
      countryNameField.setRequired(true);  
      countryNameField.setCanEdit(false);
      countryNameField.setCanFilter(true);
      I have done the new tests using the following GWT, SmartGWT and browser versions on Ubuntu 11.04:

GWT 2.2.0 and GWT 2.3.0.
      SmartGWT nightly 2.x LGPL 2011-08-11, 2011-08-29, 2011-08-30.
      Firefox 5, Chrome 13.

Thanks

Comment

Please verify you're actually using the new files: run a GWT compile and clear your browser cache. If the problem persists, use Firebug to inspect the actual files being delivered to the browser, and very the date stamp (toward the top of the file).

Comment

Hello,

I verify that I am using the new files and that I have cleared my browser's cache.

I have also retested it using latest (20110831) nightly of 2.x (http://www.smartclient.com/builds/Sm...1/smartgwt.jar). On both development and production modes the field's editor is not showing if I set canEdit to "false", even if canFilter is set to "true". As you can see in the attached image the received core js file's version is "SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-08-31 (2011-08-31)".

I have done the new tests using the following GWT, SmartGWT and browser versions on Ubuntu 11.04:
          GWT 2.2.0 and GWT 2.3.0.
          SmartGWT nightly 2.x LGPL 2011-08-31.
          Firefox 5, Chrome 13.

Regards
          Attached Files

Comment

We've revisited this and you're correct - a per field 'canEdit' flag being set to false was inappropriately disabling editing within the filter builder component.

Our apologies for the confusion on this - it has now been resolved and will show up in nightly builds going forward.

Comment

Working...
            X