Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SelectItem not working

Hi,

I have a form with a SelectItem that I'm populating manually using a LinkedHashMap:

Code:
        final DynamicForm form = new DynamicForm();

final SelectItem geneBox = new SelectItem( "gene", "Gene" );
        final LinkedHashMap<String, String> valueMap = new LinkedHashMap<String, String>();
        valueMap.put( "1", "Item 1" );
        valueMap.put( "2", "Item 2" );
        valueMap.put( "3", "Item 3" );
        // ...
        geneBox.setValueMap( valueMap );

form.setFields( geneBox );
    The form is displayed on the page, but the SelectItem does nothing, i.e. when I click on it, the drop-down does not appear...

My form also contains other items (a few check boxes) and they behave properly...

Best,
    Michał

You have external CSS (see FAQ) or you may be testing in Google Chrome hosted mode (see FAQ).

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I am using Chrome, thank you!

However, as a side note:
      - In IE 9 hosted mode, the page renders properly but no interactive elements work (buttons, selects, check boxes).
      - Hosted mode doesn't work in FireFox 6.

So I guess I'll have to do with Chrome for the time being :)

Comment

Something's seriously wrong with your project - try the Showcase, everything's fine.

Comment

What are the ways for me to check WHAT is wrong?

Best,
          Michał

Comment

Normally, we'd be able to guess, but your systems are completely bizarre and there have been zero reports of this ever. All we can recommend is rebuilding the problem from scratch and reinstalling GWT and the GWT browser plugins.

Comment

sounds like this problem: http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=386

Comment

That's the Chrome problem (a core GWT bug). It doesn't explain all elements being non-interactive in other browsers, which has never been reported.

Comment

OK, I have deployed my app to an actual server. It now works perfectly well in Chrome and FireFox 6. But in IE9 the buttons and other GUI elements are still unresponsive. However when I switch IE9 to IE8 mode, it works. Do you have any suggestions on how to debug this in plain IE9?

Best,
                  Michał

Comment

Take your IE9 browser to the public Showcase - you should find that it works. If it doesn't, your browser is broken in some way - maybe you've installed browser extensions that have broken normal behavior. Try disabling all extensions, or try from another machine.

Comment

Working...
                    X