Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Theme get screwed across browsers !!!

I created a custom theme for a demo screen. For this i took the EnterpriseBlue theme and modified to suit my needs.

In firefox my custom theme is picked up but in IE it picks up default Enterprise theme. Find the attached screenshots.

What could be the reason. How do we change this behaviour. Isn't Smartgwt supposed to give same result in all the browsers? Or does it have any limitations here.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

No product problem here, but you may have tried to switch the theme in an incorrect way. Correct instructions are in the QuickStart Guide, Extending SmartGWT chapter.

Comment

I don't switch themes here. I just created a custom theme following guidelines from quick start guide. I created a jar with my theme as mentioned in the guide and set it in the gwt.xml file.

Comment

OK.. you've shared nothing about your settings at all, and our psychic powers are currently offline.

Comment

I'm using the following build version:

Isomorphic SmartClient Framework (SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-08-02/EVAL Deployment 2011-08-02).

Gwt version:2.1

Occured in browser version: IE version:8

Works fine in Firefox-6, Chrome 13.0.782.112 m (both latest).

Thanks.

Comment

OK, not obvious enough I guess - we need to know where you placed your skin, what's in it and what was changed, what <inherits> you are using in your .gwt.xml (basically, the settings you applied to load your skin).

And since it seems necessary to repeat - we also need to know whether there are any JS errors in IE, and whether you see 404s if you open up the Developer Tools and look at the "Network" tab.

This is the kind of information you should always provide, up front without being asked - any posts without this information are mostly useless.

Comment

There was an error in the load_skin.js file.

Code:
               // have the baseline overlap the top edge of the TabSet, using rounded media
                          baseLineConstructor:"Canvas",
                          baseLineProperties : { 
                              backgroundColor: "#767F92",
                              overflow:"hidden",
                              height:5
                          },
              I see such errors in the downloaded war. :)

The extra comma caused javascript errors in IE.

Thanks.

Comment

That color appears in Graphite only and only in one spot, here is the rest of that block, there do not appear to be any extra commas:

Code:
                            // have the baseline overlap the top edge of the TabSet, using rounded media
                            baseLineConstructor:"Canvas",
                            baseLineProperties : {
                                backgroundColor: "#767F92",
                                overflow:"hidden",
                                height:5
                            },
                            baseLineThickness:3
                        })
                You may have introduced the problem by removing the baseLineThickness property.

Comment

Isomorphic,

I cross checked it. My colleague who was working on Tab styling introduced the bug. Thanks for the support.

I have another question.
                  The window pane gets horizontal and vertical scrollbars in IE in normal mode while it come fine in chrome. In chrome when I increase zoom then I see the scrollbars. How do i avoid this situation and let the window body grow when zoomed.

I tried some ways like setting Overflow for the window etc. It didn't help.
                  But setAutoSize solved the issues but then pane footer controls moved above the footer and things got messy.

What is the correct way to make any component to behave as normal I mean without scrollbars when zoomed.

Thanks.

Comment

In normal mode (non-zoomed), if you mean to avoid scrollbars, use a full screen (100% width+height) VLayout or similar SmartGWT component as the outermost component and make everything a member/child of that (directly or indirectly).

If you're already doing this and you're seeing scrollbars, use the Watch tab to figure out what component is largest and try to figure out how you've specified sizes that would force the UI to be larger than the available space (generally setting fixed pixel sizes on components rather than letting Layouts manage this automatically).

In zoomed mode, one would expect the interface to scroll, otherwise, you couldn't see all of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X