No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ComboBoxItem and Hint issue

SmartGWT v 2.5
    Internet Explorer 8

When using a ComboBoxItem in conjunction with a Hint, and the initial value is null, when you select an item from the drop-down list the display clears after selecting the item. The new value does flicker in the field for a second but then disappears.

Code Example:

Code:
    ComboBoxItem ci = new ComboBoxItem("myID", "My Title");
    ci.setHint("Select...");
    ci.setShowHintInField(true);
    Obviously there is more code around it, but this will get my gist across. The issue does not occur if the value was not-null when you select an item from the list, only when it is null.

Previously we had a similar problem with setEmptyDisplayValue, but now setEmptyDisplayValue works so we can get around it. There are no issues reported in console or via JS errors, just unexpected behavior.

Thanks...Mike

Could you make this into a minimal, standalone test case just to eliminate the possibility that there is something extra going on, hence we won't be able to reproduce the problem? Then we can take a look.

Comment

I modified the standard GWT example to use a combobox (just grabbed one from the showcase) and verified that it works in IE when ShowHintInField = false, but clears when the select field is blank (in this case showing "Select item..." in the field) and a value is selected. If you type in a value (say asdf) and then select an item from the drop-down list then all works as expected. This works in 2.4 but not in 2.5. Source file is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you mean to upload a .java file? We've got your .gwt.xml instead.

Comment

Doh! Here is the Java file.
          Attached Files

Comment

This has a lot going on, including use of core GWT widgets where we don't recommend that, as well as use of RootPanel.add() which we also don't recommend. If the effect is a real SmartGWT problem and not a result of this extra code, you should be able to show a very short test case of around 20 lines - if you can do this we'll take a look.

Comment

as I stated, I just threw a combobox on the GWT demo for expediency and assumed you would get the gist. Since you needed it stripped down, the newly attached file is as simple as it can get. Thanks for the time...
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok - we've fixed this issue in both the bug-fix release branch (2.x) and mainline (3.x)
                The fix will show up in nightly builds going forward

Comment

Working...
                X