Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Crazy scrollbar [SmartGWT & OpenLayers]

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a scrollbar but only in Chrome. When i open my site, the scrollbar is sequentially hiding/showing itself. The sizes used in the onResized() look like this:

Code:
    public void onResized(ResizedEvent event) {
    	map.resize(MapContainer.this.getWidthAsString(),MapContainer.this.getHeightAsString());
    	Window.alert("w: " + MapContainer.this.getWidthAsString() + "|h: "+ MapContainer.this.getHeightAsString());
    }
    Does anyone know what can cause that?

Chrome v. 13.0.782.112 m
    SmartGWT v. 2.5

The Window... is used to see what sizes are being sent to resize, and the map.resize looks like:

Code:
    public void resize(final String width, final String height) {
            map.setWidth(width);
            map.setHeight(height);
            container.setWidth(width);
            container.setHeight(height);
        }

We can't really tell from just this information, but what might be happening is that there is a border or padding around the map such that you don't want to set the container to exactly the reported size of the map, since in fact it's slightly bigger.

Even if this is not the case, setting the container to slightly bigger than the map will probably resolve this anyway.

Comment

I changed it in all kinds of way. The map, the container, both of them. However when I upsized only the container the scrollbars stay, but the point is, that they should be at least invisible.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem, but also in IE9 and FF7 browsers.
        Running on SmartGWT2.5, but it was reproducable also with 2.4.

The use case is:
        VLayout containing TabSets, which has "setShowResizeBar(true)". Each Tab contains Dynamic form.
        When resizing down the layout horizontaly just enough to show scrollbar and then move resize bar between tabsets to show also vertical scrollbar on form, in one moment the scrollbars starts to show/hide very quickly...

On the attached picture the scrollbars are displayed, but this is the moment of their madness:)

Any help?
        Attached Files

Comment

maybe this thread can provide you some help, or at least some ideas.

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=18951

Comment

Working...
          X