No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FileItem wrong validation - Chrome only

Hi,

I use smartGWT 2.5 official release.

When I put FileItem into a dynamic form. Set requires:true then I choose a file and submit. So far it work.
    When I choose a file again and hit submit, the FileItem marks itself as invalid (file not uploaded).

Cheers,
    Zdary

From a quick attempt, we're not reproducing this.

We notice that you say this is a Chrome-only issue for you. You probably already know this but Chrome has some issues running with GWT in development mode which can lead to all kinds of spurious errors, so please double check to see if you can reproduce the problem after running "gwt-compile" and hitting the URL without the codesvr parameter.
    (More on the Chrome / GWT dev mode issues here: http://forums.smartclient.com/showth...t=8159#aChrome)

If the issue persists in compiled mode, see if you can put together a simple test case we can run on our end.
    Regards

Isomorphic Software

EDIT: Also - please let us know what operating system and what version of Chrome you're using. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

please find attached a testCase. The error happens with a low probability. Let's guess 10%

For better clarification look at a video at www.zdary.cz/fileitem.wmv to see how to reproduce it.

I discovered one more bug. FileItem ignores disabled state at the beginning and I can choose a file even though I set fileItem.setDisabled(true);

Addition question. Is there a way how to preset a mask for allowed extension of the file? I mean before I hit upload button.

I have windows 7 64bit. Tested also on 32bit. My chrome is 13.0.782.220 m

best regards,
      Zdary

EDIT:

changedHandler doesn't work on FileItem. It never reaches the code when the file is selected.
      Code:
      fileItem.addChangedHandler(new ChangedHandler() {
      			@Override
      			public void onChanged(ChangedEvent event) {
      				uploadItem.setDisabled(false);
      			}
      		});
      Attached Files
      Last edited by zdary; 14 Sep 2011, 03:46.

Comment

Is this in hosted mode or compiled mode? Hosted mode Chrome problems are expected due to bugs in core GWT/Chrome (see FAQ).

Comment

This is in compiled mode, running on tomcat. This was reported by a tester.

Comment

Working...
          X