Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid group expansion event

SmartGWT: 2.5 browser: chrome

I have a ListGrid and it can be grouped. I can't find a way to add a listener that listens for a group expanded event. Is there a way to do that? I see that TreeGrid has a addFolderOpenedEvent but my data isn't normally a tree until the user groups the data which seems to be a good fit for a ListGrid. It would be nice to have a list grid that had some of the tree events of a TreeGrid. Or maybe there is a way to get the TreeGrid to behave like the ListGrid with grouping and what not. Any Ideas?

Hi,
    I would also appreciate some kind of this event - group collapsed/expanded.
    Any hint with this?

Comment

BUMP...
      quite old thread but question is still here - is it possible to catch event from group expand/collapse?
      I can catch ClickEvent, but I need to identify, which group was opened/closed and RecordClickEvent is not fired on group click (and there is no "GroupClickHandler").
      :(

Comment

Note: ClickEvent can't be used because it is fired before group expand/collapse.

Is there any option how to group over 1m rows in listgrid witch SmartGWT 3.1 LGPL? I wanted to implement own "data on demand" feature - data is loaded after group expand, but when I don't know, which group is expanded, I am done...

EDIT: Looks like addRowMouseUpHandler is what I can use - I don't need to look for clicked group, just have to add some logic to distinguish between group row, normal row and ofc expanded/collapsed group but that will be easy..
        Last edited by mi0; 30 Jun 2013, 23:35. Reason: Found solution... I hope so..

Comment

My monologue continues:
          I am using datasource needed for grid -> ExpansionMode.DETAILS therefore grid.getGroupTree() return null. Any idea how to expand/collapse groups without group tree? (don't want to override getExpansionComponent())

Comment

Working...
          X