Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid keyboard scrolling on Chrome is broken in recent builds

I noticed that scrolling in list grid with keyboard up/down buttons is scrolling the entire page, in Chrome 13x on Windows XP SP3, with GWT 2.3. It works fine on IE 8 and FF 6.

1. I first noticed this when I upgraded from SmartGWT LGPL 2.5 7/13/2011 nightly to SmartGWT LGPL 2.5 9/15/2011 nightly.

2. Then I switched to SmartGWT LGPL 3.x 9/17/2011 (latest as of today). It was still broken.

3. Switched to SmartGWT LGPL 3.x 9/9/2011 -> also broken.

4. Switched to SmartGWT LGPL 3.x 8/31/2011 -> Working fine.

So, I think in one of the recent builds, this feature broke.

BTW, I'm now pretty familiar with the process of switching from one build to another, and the process of verifying that the browser is using the right set of libraries. So, the chances of error on my side are very little.

Thanks.

Are you testing in Development Mode for Chrome? This mode doesn't work do to core GWT bugs (see FAQ). Test compiled mode instead.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry I didn't make it clear earlier, but this problem exists in compiled mode as well. Let me know if you want me to create a standalone use case. I didn't do that because I thought there would be nothing special in my test case You can verify the problem on any of your applications or samples which are compiled with the libraries that I mentioned in my original post.

Thanks.

Comment

Just to be 100%, I retested this on SmartGWT LGPL 2.5 09/15/2011 nightly, and was able to reproduce the problem in the "compiled" mode.

I also noticed one more problem while I was testing it. Normally, if a button has the focus, and I press the Enter key, the button would get clicked. But it is not getting clicked in Chrome 13x at the moment. It is working fine in IE 8 and FF 6.

So, it seems that many keyboard functions for Chrome are broken in the recent builds.

Thanks.

Comment

I have a problem similar, look at http://forums.smartclient.com/showpost.php?p=72917

for me the problem is only in chrome.

rfa

Comment

For me also, the problem is in Chrome only.

Comment

We believe this issue is now resolved - please try the next nightly build (dated October 6 or greater)
              If the issue persists, let us know.

Thanks
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I'll test this very soon and post the results here.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I upgraded to SmartGWT LGPL 2.5 10/8 nightly today and tested this issue. There's some improvement now, but it's "not" fully fixed.

Previously in Chrome, when I tried to scroll the list using the keyboard, the page was scrolling, but the list wasn't. Now, both the page and the list are scrolling. This has been tested in the compiled mode.

In IE 8 the behavior is correct - when I scroll with the keyboard, only the list scrolls, the page remains stationary.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi DFB,
                    We have this resolved now - try the next nightly

Thanks
                    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
                    X