Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Help with Advanced Critieria and ArrayList Serializing

If someone could help me I would be very grateful.

I have been using SmartGWT for quite some time now with no problems. I am using GWT2.3.0 and SmartGWT 2.5

I recently started a new project as far as I am aware in exactly the same way as before. I am using Netbeans 6.9.1 and have been for a while.

The problem is that in the new project whenever I create an AdvancedCriteria object with more than one criteria I get an IncompatibleRemoteServiceException as seen below.

The code I am using is this...
    Code:
    AdvancedCriteria criteria = new AdvancedCriteria(OperatorId.OR, new Criterion[]{
                        new Criterion("site", OperatorId.EQUALS, "Winfrith"),
                        new Criterion("site", OperatorId.EQUALS, "Spain")
                    });
    As I say, it works perfectly in the original project, but I get an error every time in the new project. It doesn't matter what the data types are, or what the OperatorId is, if there is more than one criteria I get the error.

I have tried everything I can think of and can't get it to work. When I step through with the debugger the criteria variables are identical in both projects.

Any help would be great.

The error message is as follows.

An IncompatibleRemoteServiceException was thrown while processing this call.
    com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: Type 'java.util.ArrayList' was not included in the set of types which can be deserialized by this SerializationPolicy or its Class object could not be loaded. For security purposes, this type will not be deserialized.
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.decodeRequest(RPC.java:315)
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:206)
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
Working...
X