Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FormItem.getDisplayValue fails

Hi,

FormItem.getDisplayValue sometimes return getValue() instead.

Please, find attached a test case. You can see a video how to simulate the problem at www.zdary.cz/displayvalue.wmv

best regards,
    Zdary

EDIT: tested on smartGWT 3.0 15-09-2011
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zdary; 19 Sep 2011, 10:51.

It looks like you haven't included the client only dataSource test data (or the .ds.xml file for the BrancheFlagDS).
    However just from looking at the test cases, we notice you've got multiple items in a single form with the same name. This isn't valid - you should be using a unique name (within the form for each item). Otherwise you'd have potentially multiple items attempting to display/edit the same field value and other ambiguities like 'getItem(<fieldName>)' being ambiguous.
    See if getting rid of the duplicated field names fixes it - if not, please post the additional datasource code and we'll take another look

Comment

Hi,

I overlooked the name duplicity when creating a testcase. I fixed that and the issue persists.

please, find attachech a fixed class as well as the requested DS file.

best regards,
      Zdary
      Attached Files

Comment

We're not reproducing this issue running against the latest 3.0 build, or the September 15th build in Firefox (version 6) running on either Mac 10.x or Windows 7.

Obviously we see the issue in the attached video, but it's not clear what would be causing this bug, or why we're not reproducing it on our end.
        The most likely culprit is something in the PickList data caching logic - if you call setCachePickListResults(false) [a method introduced recently] on your item, its likely the issue will disappear. However this will have the side effect of potentially causing more data-source fetches in your application, and quite apart from this if there is a framework bug here it'd be good to get it resolved.

A few things we could try:
        - firstly - are you seeing this on multiple systems or does it seem to be specific to some configuration? Can you verify your exact browser version and OS config?
        - how are you running the project (As an eclipse plugin, or from command line)? Do you see the bug in compiled mode, or is it development mode only?
        - One option that might help pin it down would be to take your simple testfiles and assemble them into a minimal Eclipse project, verify this reproduces the problem for you, then zip up that entire project and send it over to the support@isomorphic.com address, referencing this forum thread. This would rule out things like doctype settings, which skin is being used, any patch code you may have inadvertently applied, etc from impacting the application.

Comment

Hi,

1) I can see this problem on multiple systems. Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32 bit. Tested on Firefox 4, Firefox 6.02, Chrome 14.0.835.186

2) I run the development mode from eclipse. Version: Helios Service Release 2, Build id: 20110301-1815. Running in Win7 64bit. In browser enter http://127.0.0.1:8888/DataSourceDMI.jsp?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997
          JSP is there to support GWT locale better.

For a production mode I copy war directory from eclipse to ROOT directory of tomcat6. Running on Linux 2.6.32-24-server.

3) I have sent the testcase (6MB) to your email, I deleted there .gwtCache directory and all *.jar there.

The complete project is located at www.zdary.cz/ds-dmi_complete.zip (66MB)

hint: the method setCachePickListResults(false) indeed fixes this problem.

best regards,
          Zdary

Comment

Hi zdary,

Thanks for the Eclipse project, we were able to reproduce it immediately.
            We have made a change which appears to resolve this - will show up in the 3.0 nightly builds going forward.
            Please let us know if you do continue to encounter issues with it

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi,

so far it looks good.

thank you,
              Zdary

Comment

Working...
              X