Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hi jmichelgarcia,

I took a look at your tutorial. Thank your for posting it. After a lot of research of Smart GWT and Liferay over the past few months, I have a very similar set up as you described in your tutorial.

My problem is now that I have a Smart GWT app embedded into a portlet, I need the Smart GWT portlet to open up the Liferay message board portlet in a popup window. I just want the message board portlet to be displayed in the popup, not any other Liferay navigation widgets with it.

I have also posted this question on the Liferay forum.
    http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/10977878

I am using Liferay 6.0.6 with Smart GWT 2.5.
    If you have any ideas, I would be interested in hearing them.

Thanks,
    Cory

Comment

Hi,

If you are using an iFrame as you described in the LIferay forum, it would be hard to access the Liferay stuff (cross domain restriction).

Im not sure about this. please check it up.

But im not a portlet developper so i can't really advise you in that. I have to admit that, it's also hard to find some solutions over the internet. I also notice that people over Liferay's forum are not really helpful.

GL and keep us updated.

Comment

Hi jmichelgarcia,

Thanks for your reply. I have actually switched to using the <DIV> tag now to add the Smart GWT app to the portlet. If you are aware of anyway that the portlet and SmartGWT can communicate now that I am using a <DIV> tag, I would be interested in hearing.

I will keep you posted if I come up with any solutions.

Thanks,
        Cory

Comment

Take a look at this : http://www.liferay.com/community/wik...+Communication
          Last edited by jmichelgarcia; 10 Nov 2011, 05:43.

Comment

For the communication, you can use Javascript objects.

Comment

Thanks! I will take a look.

Comment

Working...
              X