Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid: SelectRecord which has not currently arrived at client side

Hi,

I have a problem for which I cannot deliver a good testcase which demonstrates the problem, since it is hard to reproduce.

In short:
    I have a Listgrid connected to a GwtRPCDatasource (my own derivate). The listgrid fetches the data in chunks of 75 rows.

Given that the underlying recordset has 1000 rows and that the first 75 rows are displayed, what is now the best practice to show AND select(!) the row index 877?

I realized that the actual selection of the record has to be done in the dataarrived event with checking the range of record indexes that have arrived in the current event.

But: If for some reason there are subsequent data arrived events pending, delivering records of diffenent ranges, the record selection fails, which means there is no record selected any more after the subsequent data arrived events.

What I currently do is scheduling a RepeatingCommand, which is scheduled from the data arrived event. This selects the record and executes once, but this is bad design.

Is there an option which cannot fail?

TIA

Regards,
    Andre

I know, I have no testcase to demonstrate, but the lack of direct reproducibility is part of the problem.

Sometimes the data arrives "in order" but sometimes there are subsequent data packages arriving at the list grid that lead to the described problem.

Comment

Working...
    X