Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

VisualBuilder: where is the ToolStrip?

Hi,

It seems that I can not find the ToolStrip component in the Component Library.

Where is it?

(I see something called toolbar under the buttons section, but VB is unable to add it to a VLayout.)

Thank you for explaining:

Csillag

ps. This is SmartGWT-EE eval version, latest nightly (2011-10-24)

It exists:
    http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...ToolStrip.html

Comment

As I tried to indicate in the title, my problem is that I can not find this component in Visual Builder's "Component Library" section, and thus I can not add it to screens when designing with VB.

(I know that the widget exists.)

Comment

Update:
        Rereading your question - you're talking about the Visual Builder, not the SGWT classes. Sorry for the confusion.

You're right that "Toolstrip" is not included in the pallette by default. Our engineers will consider adding it, but in the meantime, you can modify the 'customComponents' XML file as described here to include this widget: http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...alBuilder.html

Comment

OK, I will try adding the ToolStrip myself.

However, as far as I can tell (from the docs), ToolStrip should be populated with elements using API calls like addButton, addFill, addMenuButton, addResizer, addSeparator, etc.

How can I make VisualBuilder call these methods?

If I add ToolStripButton, ToolStripMenuButton, ToolStripResizer, ToolStripSeparator, etc, then will simply adding them as a child suffice?

How can I specify which widget can be added as a child for which widget?

Thank you for explaining:

Csillag

Comment

Originally posted by csillag
            as far as I can tell (from the docs), ToolStrip should be populated with elements using API calls like addButton, addFill, addMenuButton, addResizer, addSeparator, etc.

How can I make VisualBuilder call these methods?

If I add ToolStripButton, ToolStripMenuButton, ToolStripResizer, ToolStripSeparator, etc, then will simply adding them as a child suffice?

How can I specify which widget can be added as a child for which widget?
            After reading the docs, I see that this is what the component schemes are there for. I see that there is already a ToolStrip component scheme available, so I just need to include it - after adding this, I can now add a ToolStrip from VB.

But I can not find schemes for ToolStripButton, ToolStripSeparator, etc.
            So, to actually populate a ToolStrip, I am supposed to create these schemes, too, right?

Comment

This is a good point - ToolStripButton should have a schema file. We'll be sure to add one to the framework but in the meantime - yes you could create a schema file for this yourself to get working.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                ToolStripButton should have a schema file.
                The same goes for ToolStripMenuButton, ToolStripResizer, ToolStrip Separator, right?

We'll be sure to add one to the framework
                Do you mean the 3.0 branch, or is this going to make it to the 2.5 branch, too?

but in the meantime - yes you could create a schema file for this yourself to get working.
                Do you have any idea about when will this show up in the nightlies?
                (This would help me decide whether to implement it myself, or wait for you and keep no other things in the meantime.)

Thank you for your help:

Csilag

Comment

This change has already been made in the 3.0 branch but we're not planning to add this component to the visual builder component palette in 2.5.

Comment

Working...
                  X