Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Server Side Databinding - Dynamic Cell Styles

I have a use case where reports are defined via a JSON representation for which I am creating a CubeGrid to represent the report. I am currently investigating the pros/cons between the server-side and client-side datasource approaches for my particular use case.

I am having trouble understanding how I can extend the functionality of the server-side datasource approach. Specifically, I want to add report cell style information into my fetch response and I want to extend the functionality of the code which receives my fetch response so that I can dynamically set the cell styles based on the response. Can this be done? I understand how to add data into the fetch response, but I can't figure out how to extend the logic which receives the fetch response and created the records to be populated into my CubeGrid. I understand how this can be done with a client-side datasource (transform request/response methods on client-side datasource), but is there a way to do this with server-side datasources? I would like to leverage as much of the "out of the box" functionality as I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jooky68; 24 Oct 2011, 09:12.
Working...
X