Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Thanks for the detail.

But installing oracle on local wouldn't be feasible at all. Its a huge database of around 5tb sitting at a far place, so trying to mimic database on local is not possible. But one thing I would like to clarify is, both Sql developer and smartgwt contact the db server over the network only. Also I'm using the same oracle jdbc driver here too.

Thanks;.

Comment

You don't need to replicate the entire 5TB database, just the tables needed for a given query that's slow.

Another difference is the servlet container - not sure where you're running SQL Developer.

Comment

I'm running sql developer on the same machine where I'm doing the development work(smartgwt project).

Comment

Isomorphic,

If you see it is taking more time to get the connection from the pool initially. Can you shed some light on how the connection pool is managed. Also is there any way to specify these details like number of connections to be allowed, the init SQL etc. Any place where to read about all the properties that could be set in the server.properties.

Thanks.

Comment

We mentioned the connection pool delay just to indicate that everything (not just queries) is exceptionally slow with your database. You're probably better off focusing on why queries are slow.

However if you Google your driver (oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource) you'll find Oracle docs on how pooling is configured, and the Admin Console shows you all the properties that can be set for drivers in general (but these do not have to do with pooling).

Comment

Working...
            X