Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Flashlet Problems In Chrome

Hello,

I'm running into some problems using Flashlet in chrome. I have a smartgwt window that pops up with a flashlet component running a flash video player. This works fine in all browsers except chrome. In chrome the video plays but I can't interact with any of the play, pause, etc.. buttons. I can also right click and bring up the flash settings dialog but cannot click on any of the settings dialog components. Has anyone had an issue like this using chrome?

Thanks

We are experiencing the same problem using Smartclient Version SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-09-27 (2011-09-27)

The flash object loads and run fine, even the hover over effects are visible on buttons. However, nothing can be clicked... This only happens in google chrome (using 16.0.912) and works fine in Firefox...

Any progress on this item?

Comment

Same problem here.
      The motionchart (gchart) - a flash component - I have embedded in a smartgwt canvas does not respond to any user click in chrome. It works properly in IE and Firefox.

The problem seems related to the eventproxy... it seems that the click events are intercepted by the parent...the canvas.
      Last edited by etel; 3 Dec 2011, 09:16.

Comment

I was able to fix my problem with a hack....

My chart is an instance of motionchart.
        I just did this after its instanciation.

MotionChart chart = new MotionChart(createTable(),
        createOptions());
        panel.addChild(chart);
        chart.getElement().setAttribute("eventproxy",
        chart.getElement().getAttribute("id"));

The chart component (which is actually a flash component embedded in a div) now reacts to my clicks in chrome. It still works properly in firefox.

I guest if you do the same after your instantiation it would work...

yourflashlet.getElement().setAttribute("eventproxy",yourflashlet.getElement().getAttribute("id"));

Comment

I was able to get around this problem following a suggestion from a previous post on this forum. Basically all I had to do for the flash loaded in the Flashlet to receive click events was to call

flashlet.setCanSelectText(true)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Comment

Very mysterious - but thanks for posting that this worked for you.

Comment

The following sample code shows the Flashlet event problem in safari and chrome.

Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for this tip. I am not using SmartGWT but this has really helped me fix the problem when my Smartclient integration with SWFUpload (flash based file uploader plugin) stopped working on chrome even with the latest 8.3 snapshots.

Originally posted by socarras View Post
                I was able to get around this problem following a suggestion from a previous post on this forum. Basically all I had to do for the flash loaded in the Flashlet to receive click events was to call

flashlet.setCanSelectText(true)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X