Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Form Controls vibration on selection

Isomorphic,

I have placed some controls in a dynamic form. We have our own styling guide where we need have 2px border on select. I have changed .css and .js files accordingly to achieve the same. But here the default border would be 1 px and on select it would be 2px. when it increases from 1px to 2px, other controls move up and down accordingly which is not desired. Please let me know how to control this. attached is an example of a form which may help you.

Also, i was trying to bind the combobox by default from database, but it would fetch only when i click on that combo box. Also i wanted to interact with DB on change of it. I tried the same but it would result in many RPC calls. Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Yathish
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yathihv; 10 Nov 2011, 01:49. Reason: Attachment missing

Isomorphic,

I have seen this behavior too. It happens because of how cell content overflows into othr cells when border width changes , given in one of the methods in the api DynamicForm :

Code:
    setFixedColWidths

public void setFixedColWidths(Boolean fixedColWidths)
    If true, we ensure that column widths are at least as large as you specify them. This means that if any single column overflows (due to, eg, a long unbreakable title), the form as a whole overflows.
    If false, columns will have their specified sizes as long as no column overflows. If any column overflows, space will be taken from any other columns that aren't filling the available room, until there is no more free space, in which case the form as a whole overflows.

Parameters:
    fixedColWidths - fixedColWidths Default value is false
    See Also:
    FormLayout overview and related methods
    Any ways of preventing the cell from overflowing into other cells?

Thanks.

Comment

It's a general trick not specific to SmartGWT. Change padding so that combined border and padding are the same in both CSS styles.

Comment

Thanks Isomorphic, it works.

Comment

Working...
        X