Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Extending server-side user session while only client is in-use

Hi,

I am looking for ideas how I might be able to implement the following.

When the user is working with the client (filling out a very long form), there are no hits to the server and therefor the server is thinking that the session is idle. Eventually the session expires and the user can no longer submit the form. I'd like to implement a timer on the client-side which will be reset by any user interactions globally throughout the application. The timer could pop-up a warning a minute or two before expiration and if acknowledged by a user, would just hit a dummy service to extend the session.

All my pages extend GenericPage class. I'd imagine I'd have the timer stored in a static field in some globally accessible class (no problem there). My current challenge (I am new go smartGWT), is to trap any user triggered events but not really trap them as not to interfere with normal event handlers.

Thanks,
    Henry

You don't necessarily need to do this as the Relogin approach covered in the QuickStart will allow session timeout to be handled without data loss. However if you have some other reason to avoids timeouts, your approach is fine.

Comment

Working...
    X