X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

invalid arguments in call

Be sure your post includes:

1. the SmartGWT or SmartClient version and browser version(s) involved;
    smartGWT 2.5p

2. for a server-side problem, the complete logs generated during processing of the request;

{
    "dataSource":"latest",
    "operationType":"fetch",
    "componentId":"isc_ListGrid_0",
    "data":{
    },
    "startRow":0,
    "endRow":75,
    "textMatchStyle":"substring",
    "resultSet":[ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: isc_ListGrid_0)],
    "callback":{
    "caller":[ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: isc_ListGrid_0)],
    "methodName":"fetchRemoteDataReply"
    },
    "willHandleError":true,
    "showPrompt":true,
    "prompt":"Finding Records that match your criteria...",
    "oldValues":{
    },
    "clientContext":{
    "requestIndex":1
    },
    "requestId":"latest$6272"
    }

[
    {
    queueStatus:-1,
    isDSResponse:true,
    invalidateCache:false,
    data:"invalid arguments in call"
    }
    ]

3. for a client-side problem, the contents of the Developer Console (see FAQ for usage);

I have a simple grid that use to work. The grid had some filtering and is using a view. Nothing too special. I went ahead and got the latest build on the 3rd and the grid no longer work. However when I took the same code and move to a different project that seem to work? I even tried to simplify the screen down to 1 colunm and I am still getting the same "invalid argument in call" error. Can you tell me how I can debug this?

Thanks,

Here is the dum down version which still gets the same error?

<DataSource ID="latest" serverType="sql"
    tableName="ESD_INSTALL_SUITE_LATEST_VW" qualifyColumnNames="false">

<fields>
    <field name="ID" type="sequence" hidden="true" primaryKey="true"/>
    <field name="NAME" type="text" length="200" title="Product"/>
    <field name="VERSION" type="text" length="30" title="Version"/>
    <field name="TYPE" type="text" length="20" title="Type"/>
    <field name="DESCRIPTION" type="text" length="200" title="Description"/>
    <field name="PUBLISHED_DATE" type="date"/>
    </fields>
    <schema>ESD</schema>
    </DataSource>

final ListGrid installGrid = new ListGrid();
    DataSource dsInstall =DataSource.get("latest");
    {
    // -- latest
    {
    installGrid.setDataSource(dsInstall);

ListGridField txtName = new ListGridField("NAME");

installGrid.setFields( txtName);

installGrid.setAutoFetchData(true);
    }

}
    Last edited by ttran; 5 Jan 2012, 15:40.

Any time you upgrade, run a GWT compile and clear your browser cache before testing.

If you're still having trouble, post the complete version (not just 2.5p) and the complete server log for the request (not just the response). Always post this information.

Comment

I just clear out my IE cache, downloaded the latest smartGWT 2.5 nightly build as it was last night, and rename my DS. It is still not working. Here is the error from the call. I does not tell me much.

13:47:17.677 [ERROR] [download] 13:47:17.674:XRP4:WARN:RPCManager:invalid arguments in call, response: {operationId: "latest_fetch", clientContext: Obj, context: Obj, transactionNum: 2, httpResponseCode: 200, httpResponseText: "//isc_RPCResponseStart-->[{queueStatus:-..."[146], xmlHttpRequest: Obj, transport: "xmlHttpRequest", status: -1, clientOnly: undef, httpHeaders: Obj, isStructured: true, callbackArgs: null, results: Obj, queueStatus: -1, isDSResponse: true, invalidateCache: false, data: "invalid arguments in call", startRow: 0, endRow: 0, totalRows: 0}
      com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 13:47:17.674:XRP4:WARN:RPCManager:invalid arguments in call, response: {operationId: "latest_fetch", clientContext: Obj, context: Obj, transactionNum: 2, httpResponseCode: 200, httpResponseText: "//isc_RPCResponseStart-->[{queueStatus:-..."[146], xmlHttpRequest: Obj, transport: "xmlHttpRequest", status: -1, clientOnly: undef, httpHeaders: Obj, isStructured: true, callbackArgs: null, results: Obj, queueStatus: -1, isDSResponse: true, invalidateCache: false, data: "invalid arguments in call", startRow: 0, endRow: 0, totalRows: 0}
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Comment

Just tried updating to the latest build.

/builds/SmartGWT/2.5p/PowerEdition/2012-01-06

I don't think that is going to make a different. My question is that why would this code work in one project and not on another. I took this same grid as a test and build it out side of my main project and everything is working there. I checked all my configuration and they are all the same. I need to get this working right away because I need to deploy another implementation. This part just fail as part of our regression test.

Thanks,

Comment

Obviously the configuration is not the same if this happens in one project and not another :)

You have again posted just part of the server logs. Please post the complete server-side log for the request. Always do this.

Comment

I found the bug in my server.properties file. The grid is now loaded. However I am still getting this error? I think this is an valid warning base on my data. I just wanted to see where I can trap that so I can handle the application exception.

[ERROR] [download] - 16:08:26.361:WARN:RecordEditor:isc_ListGrid_0filterEditor:Fields array contains an empty entry

btw, I am not sure what you me by the full server.log. Where do I get that. I checked all your client debugger screen and there is nothing there. The only thing I can find in my IDE is this dump. Do I need to change the log4j.xml file to get your error to print out. If so what specifically do I need to change. I don't think it is helpfully for you to be sarcastic. You can just say: do a,b,c to get the log file and send that to me.

[ERROR] [download] - 16:13:58.199:WARN:RecordEditor:isc_ListGrid_0filterEditor:Fields array contains an empty entry

Comment

It's not sarcasm. Knowing nothing about your environment, we have no idea how to tell you where to get the server logs. If you're in Eclipse, Eclipse has it in the "Console" tab. Other IDEs put it in other places, and if you are not using an IDE it would be in yet different locations.

Can you give us a way to reproduce that warning?

Comment

Working...
              X