Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Data cannot be saved because you are not online

Hello,

Working with SmartGWT2.5, if i run my application locally, i'm unable to use it correctly ("Data cannot be saved because you are not online" message each time i modify a table for example) as soon as there is no internet access.
    Plug in and out the RJ45 cable does the difference.

Is this the expected behavior ? Is there any way i could fully use my app, whitout any internet connection ?

Thanks a lot

Could you please help, this is important, how can i configure my web browser (Chrome) not to tell Smart Gwt there is no internet connection, so as my app could run normally only locally ?
    Thanks a lot!

Comment

A workaround is to use Opera web browser (tested with 11.51 & 11.61), but other display bugs then show up....
      Any idea on Chrome configuration ?

Comment

Can you please help ? It is quite urgent...
        Is there any mean to use my app totally locally with SmartGWt whitout no network warnings ?

thanks a lot

Comment

Have you looked at this? http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...se/#offline_ds.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answer Brian, and yes i have looked at this, but it is not solving my problem.
            First, i am using SmartGwt 2.5 LGPL, and not Enterprise Edition. Is this feature available in LGPL ?
            And mostly, the problem is not that i want to work offline, but i want to work locally "online" (i want the browser - here Chrome - not to tell SmartGwt that no RJ45 cable is plugged ) in order to be able to send and save the data locally, even if the machine is not on a net.

Thank you

Comment

Could you please confirm this assertion : "Smart Gwt needs a network connection in order to save data from the client to the server, even if the server is locally installed"

In this case i would have to move to Opera browser, which has'nt got the same behavior.

Thanks

Comment

Data cannot be saved because you are not online

We faced the same problem when network cable was unplugged.
                Fix by adding below code on module load
                <code>
                if(Offline.isOffline()){
                Offline.goOnline();
                }
                </code>

Comment

Working...
                X