Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

BaseServlet Global Exception

Is there a way I can manage the message for the BaseSerlet Global Exception.

I know this would never happen on a nornal flow of the application. However, I am directed to handle this by our security group. One of their test is to not show error to dump to user. If we click on this link.

https://esdstage.halliburton.com/download/download/sc/DataSourceLoader?dataSource=/

you will get a stacktrace. How do I configure the application to now show that stack trace?

thanks,

We already answered this for you.

Comment

You said here that the latest nightly build will handle this automatically. I just got the latest build from last night 2.09.2012. I am still seeing the same stackprint.

https://esdstage.halliburton.com/download/download/sc/IDACall

https://esdstage.halliburton.com/download/download/sc/DataSourceLoader?dataSource=/

Comment

You most likely installed incorrectly. Use the installation instructions.

Comment

What do you mean install incorrectly? I am not sure what that mean. The application either run or don't run. I put all your latest files in my WEB-INF/lib folder. Should that not be enough?

Comment

If you installed incorrectly, you would still be using the older version. See the installation instructions for correct steps.

Comment

where is the link for this?

Comment

Please validate the version from the console printout attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

You're on 2.5p, we indicated we were solving the problem at the framework level for future builds.

So, as we indicated previously: an update to the latest would solve the issue, or, a FilterServlet to reject invalid or missing DataSource IDs would solve the issue.

Comment

The message you have previous state that the fix is for the next nightly build in October. Am I missing something. I rather not do anything if you are going to fix this. Should I wait for for next week?

Comment

See smartclient.com/builds - the change has been in since October, but again only for the current versions (3.0p and 3.1d). There is no need to wait, but you won't get it on 2.5p, so with that version you will need to implement a FilterServlet if you choose to stick with it.

Comment

Hi guy,
                        We just purchase the 3.0 version for me. However, I am not able to download it from the nightly build with my ID.

We bought the package through SHI. You can contact her for more information. However, I need to get this done ASAP.

Amanda Lewis
                        SHI , Inside Account Manager, Enterprise
                        Office: 732.564.8343 |Fax: 732.564.8344 |Amanda_Lewis@shi.com |www.shi.com |Hours: 11 am- 8 pm EST
                        Innovative Solutions. World Class Support. SHI is Software, Hardware and Integration

Comment

Working...
                        X