Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

availability of nightly builds in maven repo

Hi,

I've run into an issue that maybe related to the one identified in http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=20156

Using smartgwt 3.0, in hosted mode in IE 8, I get the following error:

Code:
    09:32:42.283 [ERROR] [Apollo] 09:32:42.281:MUP8[E]:WARN:Log:Error:     ''autoComplete' is null or not an object'     in http://127.0.0.1:8888/Apollo/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js     at line 2086 
        [o]TextItem.$17h()     TextItem.getElementHTML(_1=>"", _2=>undef)     FormItem.$15r(_1=>undef, _2=>false, _3=>true)     FormItem.getInnerHTML(_1=>undef, _2=>false, _3=>true, _4=>true)     FormItem.getStandaloneItemHTML(_1=>undef, _2=>false, _3=>true)     ListGrid.getEditItemCellValue(_1=>Obj, _2=>0, _3=>3)     ListGrid.getCellValue(_1=>Obj, _2=>0, _3=>3, _4=>[GridBody ID:isc_ListGrid_6filterEditor_body])     Class.invokeSuper(_1=>null, _2=>"getCellValue", _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef, _7=>undef, _8=>undef, _9=>undef, _10=>undef)     Class.Super(_1=>"getCellValue", _2=>Obj{length:4}, _3=>undef)     RecordEditor.getCellValue(_1=>null, _2=>0, _3=>3, _4=>[GridBody ID:isc_ListGrid_6filterEditor_body])     [o]GridBody.getCellValue(record=>null, rowNum=>0, colNum=>3, gridBody=>[GridBody ID:isc_ListGrid_6filterEditor_body])     GridRenderer.$22k(_1=>null, _2=>0, _3=>3)     GridRenderer.getTableHTML(_1=>undef, _2=>undef, _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef)     GridRenderer.getInnerHTML(undef)     ** recursed on Class.invokeSuper 
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 09:32:42.281:MUP8[E]:WARN:Log:Error:     ''autoComplete' is null or not an object'     in http://127.0.0.1:8888/Apollo/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js     at line 2086 
        [o]TextItem.$17h()     TextItem.getElementHTML(_1=>"", _2=>undef)     FormItem.$15r(_1=>undef, _2=>false, _3=>true)     FormItem.getInnerHTML(_1=>undef, _2=>false, _3=>true, _4=>true)     FormItem.getStandaloneItemHTML(_1=>undef, _2=>false, _3=>true)     ListGrid.getEditItemCellValue(_1=>Obj, _2=>0, _3=>3)     ListGrid.getCellValue(_1=>Obj, _2=>0, _3=>3, _4=>[GridBody ID:isc_ListGrid_6filterEditor_body])     Class.invokeSuper(_1=>null, _2=>"getCellValue", _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef, _7=>undef, _8=>undef, _9=>undef, _10=>undef)     Class.Super(_1=>"getCellValue", _2=>Obj{length:4}, _3=>undef)     RecordEditor.getCellValue(_1=>null, _2=>0, _3=>3, _4=>[GridBody ID:isc_ListGrid_6filterEditor_body])     [o]GridBody.getCellValue(record=>null, rowNum=>0, colNum=>3, gridBody=>[GridBody ID:isc_ListGrid_6filterEditor_body])     GridRenderer.$22k(_1=>null, _2=>0, _3=>3)     GridRenderer.getTableHTML(_1=>undef, _2=>undef, _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef)     GridRenderer.getInnerHTML(undef)     ** recursed on Class.invokeSuper 
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    I did not try it in a non-hosted mode. I cleared the full browser cache and I am sure that I don't have conflicting versions of the smartgwt libraries.

I've narrowed it down the source of the error to a call to setShowFilterEditor on ListGrid. If I comment that out, the grid renders and fetches data properly.

Code:
            loginEventGrid = new ListGrid();
            loginEventGrid.setDataSource(getLoginEventDSInstance());
            loginEventGrid.setFields(new ListGridField[] { userName, createTime, loginStatus, firstName, lastName });
            loginEventGrid.setAutoFetchData(true);
            loginEventGrid.setShowFilterEditor(true); 
    //        loginEventGrid.setCanEdit(false);

loginEventGrid.setInitialSort(new SortSpecifier[]{  
                    new SortSpecifier("userName", SortDirection.ASCENDING),  
                    new SortSpecifier("createTime", SortDirection.DESCENDING)  
            });
    Anyways, In the link above, there is a comment that it is fixed in the nightly build, but it does not seem to be in the smartgwt hosted maven repo (http://www.smartclient.com/maven2/com/smartgwt/smartgwt/). Any chance of having the nightly available in the repo or a pointer to where I can find it? I'd like to avoid hacking my local maven repo.

Also, any ideas of when this issue would be fixed in a general patch release.
    Thanks,

Could you just publish your nightly builds via maven (per branch)?

Isomorphic, this seems an interesting question: could you publish your nightly builds via maven (per branch)?
    We've just hit http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=20001 and if you don't expose your nightly artifacts via maven we have to download and publish them on our local maven repo with a fake SNAPSHOT version.
    If you are using a maven repo like Artifactory or Nexus then you could expose the "snapshots" repo (where you actually host the nightly build artifacts). i.e. if you publish patches for stable releases via nightly builds that's good, but it would be very great if we could just set a maven version like 3.0p-SNAPSHOT in order to obtain last artifacts from one of your maven repo (possibly with a diffrerent url, it really doesn't matter).

Cheers
    Davide
    Last edited by d.cavestro; 20 Nov 2012, 05:48. Reason: better explained our needs

Comment

We can't simply publish our "snapshots" repo because we don't use Maven internally for builds, so we don't have such a repo.

Take a look here for a system that automatically downloads SmartGWT builds and places them in Maven. This makes it a one-liner to pull a new build via Maven.

Comment

Working...
      X