Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid - group by date - easiest GroupingMode() missing

Hi Isomorphic,

when I group a date-column in ListGrid, I have several GroupingModes I can choose from:

day (Monday...)
    week
    month
    quarter
    year
    dayOfMonth
    upcoming

What I'm missing is a simple group by date, e.g. 2012/04/20.

How is that archived?

Thanks,
    Blama

I have the same issue here, Blama did you have an answer?

Comment

Hi akhader,

no solution so far, but any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Lets wait and see Isomorphic respond.

Comment

Isomorphic - Our users are looking for the same thing. Any chance this could make it in to the 3.1p release?

Also, any update on when that release will be available?

Comment

Is there a simple workaround to Group By Date? Group By Day of month does not work when Your timeline is longer than one Month. Can i integrate a Custom method?

Thanks

Comment

Which version and builld?

Are you trying to group an actual Timeline component, or do you just mean that your data covers more than one month?

Either way, what do you mean by "Group by Day of month does not work"? What *does* it do, versus what you expect it to do?

Is your complaint that all dates from, say, the 4th of *any* month are grouped together? If so, note that 5.1 comes with an an additional set of builtin groupingModes for dates, which group by day of *specific* week, month or year.

In 5.0, if that's what you're using, you can install custom groupingModes and a getGroupValue()/getGroupTitle() pair on any ListGridField. As of 5.1, these APIs are also available directly on SimpleType.

Comment

Thanks for your answer... there's no bug... my complaint is as you said... that all dates from, say, the 4th of *any* month are grouped together. Sounds good that, 5.1 will solve this. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X